View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: HDTV Recording profiles
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:26 pm 
I've been playing around with R5A10 and my HD-3000 I just received. I only have the HD-3000 installed, no other tuners. What I don't understand is the recording profiles (Default, LiveTV, Low Quality and High Quality). What do these apply to? The resolutions only go up to 720x480, so they can't apply to HDTV. I have live TV playback and recording working, and all seems well. Playback is a little jumpy, so I was hoping I could lower my stream quality to get better playback. (Yeah I know a 2500+ is a little slow for HD, but I'm looking for a proof of concept before I blow some more money).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:50 pm 
If the ATSC stuff is anything like dvb, the recording profiles don't make any difference when recording digital off the air (the raw mpeg stream is recorded). You could transcode to MPEG4 in which case, the transcoding profile you select will make a difference (and also make it possible to play back on slower hardware with the right profile) but transcoding is an offline process (i.e. cant watch live while transcoding. you would have to record the show, transcoide it and the watch it).