View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Hd 3000 minor problems.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:15 am 
Although the hd3000 always just works on any of the alpha's, i have noticed that any alpha from a5 - a12 i cannot channel surf. If i switch to a channel from another channel, i lose sound, or it becomes very studdery. if i hit the <Esc> key then hit <Enter> to enter live tv the channel plays fine.

second minor problem i cannot receive my local channel 6 even though signal is at ~80+ it sometimes works.. but most of the time it says waiting too long for the caputer card 15 sec.. a bunch of times and dies. A side note.. Channel 6 always works fine with getatsc /dev/dtv0 48 > /myth/blah.ts then playing that file with mplayer.

so while i have had my card working for a while.. its still not production worthey by any stretch.. anyone else having these problems? just looking for anytype of feedback :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:40 pm 
I'm having troubles with the HD-3000 in r5a12. Seems I can record HD fine...but the playback eats up 99% of my Pentium 4 3.0 northwood. I haven't installed the XVmc drivers yet cuz I read the 3.0giger should do fine....

Just wondering if ur using XVmc or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:59 pm 
I have PIV 3G and my cpu utilization is nowhere near that high. 1st guess you are not even using xv. what kind of video card do you have? if nvidia have you loaded the nvidia drivers?

Second try switching to the libmpeg video playback should lower cpu utilization.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:08 pm 
using AMD 2200+ here and from idle to play HD, I use about 85%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:04 pm 
gr8nash

I had the channel surfing problem too. But I fixed that by trying to upgrade the HD3000 driver from 1.6 to 2.0 and now I don't get any channels at all. :D

1GB memory
Leadtek GeForce 6200 (WinFast A6200)
pcHDTV-3000
Samsung 40GB IDE HDD
Plextor 708A DVD-R/W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:49 pm 
HAHAHAHAHAHA
i tried that too! and I too failed! seems like the HD3K on the new driver wants to use my 350 tuner to change channel..go fig....

Post subject: HD 3000 problems
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:35 pm 
I haven't gotten my hd 3000 to work at all. I'm on R5A10 and from looking at /var/log/messages, it seems to be found and loads the drivers ok, but when I try to tune anything in, I just get a blank screen.

My pvr350 works fine.

Can anyone point me to the correct logs I should be looking at to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
MikeE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:24 pm 
Quote:
I haven't gotten my hd 3000 to work at all ... I just get a blank screen.

Try these:

1) From the myth UI go to the TV settings set the ATSC threshold is 50.

2) Copy over the "signal" tool that came with the PVR-3000 (or from their web site) and see if you indeed are getting a signal for a given channel with your card.

3) Be quite sure you have a channel list and that the default starting channel for Myth is one you can tune in to (Myth is not too robust in this regard).

4) And isn't there a relevant log somewhere like:
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

Post subject: Current Status
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:21 pm 
Thanks for the tips ... I will take a look at the signal tool.

My PVR-350 works great (/dev/video0, tuner0)

In the meantime, I noticed in the syslog that it reports registering the device video1 (v4l2), vbi1 and dtv1. My question here is what should I put in video device for Capture Card Setup? I had started with /dev/video32 and default input Tuner 0, however, after seeing this, I switched it /dev/video1, but instead of Tuner 0, all it gives me is Television, S Video and Composite. I can try dtv1, too, but it gives me the same list.

Also, after changing the above settings, do I need to re-run mythfilldatabase (or the cron mythtv-backend) to repopulate the database after binding the input to a source?

Finally, I noticed mythtvfrontend will report an error reading /cache/cache/ringbuf3.nuv (though it works fine for the pvr350 or ringbuf1.nuv so the permissions seem to be okay.)

Thanks for all your input and assistance,
MikeE

Post subject: Re: Current Status
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:27 pm 
memswiler wrote:
Thanks for the tips ... I will take a look at the signal tool.

My PVR-350 works great (/dev/video0, tuner0)

In the meantime, I noticed in the syslog that it reports registering the device video1 (v4l2), vbi1 and dtv1. My question here is what should I put in video device for Capture Card Setup? I had started with /dev/video32 and default input Tuner 0, however, after seeing this, I switched it /dev/video1, but instead of Tuner 0, all it gives me is Television, S Video and Composite. I can try dtv1, too, but it gives me the same list.

Also, after changing the above settings, do I need to re-run mythfilldatabase (or the cron mythtv-backend) to repopulate the database after binding the input to a source?

[Not sure this is helpful, but it might come in handy later.]

I think the /dev/video32 recommendation came from before it was common to map /dev/dtv0 to major 81/minor 32, which is the same hook as /dev/video32. They're equivalent (at least in Knoppmyth), as you can see in the 'chart' below:

For Major 81:
Minor Device
0-63 /dev/video0-63
( 32-35 subset of above is also mapped to /dev/dtv0-3 )
64-127 /dev/radio0-63
128-191 nothing
192-223 /dev/vtx0-31
224-255 /dev/vbi0-31

Anyway, from the above, clearly the driver is mapping both /dev/video1 and /dev/dtv1 to the HD card. What I don't know, not having researched it, is whether those two devices use different interfaces. I suspect (due to the "/dev/video1 (v4l)" quote above and knowledge that they *aren't* mapped to the same driver hook since /dev/dtv1 is usually mapped to /dev/video33) that they may indeed be different interfaces to the card.

-brendan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:25 pm 
/dev/video1 is your ntsc tuner /dev/dtv1 is your atsc(hdtv) tuner. type in /dev/dtv1 when you are setting up your card in mythtv-setup.

Xsecrets

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:01 am 
gr8nash wrote:
Although the hd3000 always just works on any of the alpha's, i have noticed that any alpha from a5 - a12 i cannot channel surf. If i switch to a channel from another channel, i lose sound, or it becomes very studdery. if i hit the <Esc> key then hit <Enter> to enter live tv the channel plays fine.
\[...\]
so while i have had my card working for a while.. its still not production worthey by any stretch.. anyone else having these problems? just looking for anytype of feedback :)

I've seen similar behavior with my HD-3000 in R5A12. I'm also wondering if others have run into this, and/or if there's a known fix.

I have noticed that if I tune to a channel with a weak signal, I don't get an OSD from MythTV, either. With my PVR-350, I used to at least get an OSD on top of static. Could it be that the HD-3000 drivers don't produce an MPEG-2 of silent blackness when there's nothing to tune in, and MythTV expects there to be an MPEG-2 stream from the HD-3000 when it's tuning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:03 pm 
I too experienced such problems. I'm now using the 2.0 driver which is better, but not perfect.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!