View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:42 pm 
HD streams may have multiple audio channels/tracks. While I have succesfully installed R5A12 I have encountered a few quirks.

I visited one channel (KQED subchannel, KQED Kids) and the audio was in Spanish. With my OTA tuner I can toggle through the audio tracks for a given channel. Is this supported in MythTV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:05 pm 
I'll add this to my above post:

When I record and playback 9.1 KQED (PBS station in the San Francisco/San Jose area) I get no sound at playback. I just tried recording CSI (on one of the other channels, 5.1 or somesuch) and ther ausio plays back fine.

So, to be clear, there appears to be some problems with audio playback on certain HD streams. Perhaps if I knew something more about the app that is playing back the HD content and it's capabilities.... I'll keep searching, reading, and experimenting.

Anyone successfully record and playback HD content on KQED?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:08 pm 
are you using spdif for the sound or standard analog. An amazing amount of hdtv only has 2.1 sound and plays fine with stereo analog, however the 5.1 doesn't play properly through analog(most of the time it's as if you don't have any audio, but then the background noise and music kicks in on occasion), at least it didn't for me, but once I switched to spdif it all plays great.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:14 am 
Have you tried the Plus and Minus keys. I was just looking through the keybindings in mythweb, and it shows +,- bound to Switch to the next audio track and Switch to the previous audio track. I haven't tried these myself, but I notice the same problem you mentioned in your first post. Next Time I get a recording that has the wrong audio, I'll have to try this. I would try them on live TV, but live TV is very painful for my setup for some reason, I'm hoping 0.18 fixes that.

Say have you noticed the descriptive audio track on in some programs, I wonder if it is the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:08 pm 
The plus and minus keys absolutely did the trick. Thank you. I have SPDIF on my motherboard so I may try this route in the future.

I think all my issues are now resolved. I'm recording and playing back HD content with KnoppMyth R5A12. It's good.