View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:06 am 
Hi,
I have been using a HD2000 with R4V5. I just went through the pain of upgrading to R5A15 and a new HD3000 folowing the directions on the "HD3000 and R5A15" thread.

I could not get the HD2000 to work (didn't try real hard).

I now can get recording to work properly and playback from MythTV. But now I cannot play the .nuv files on other machines or my Roku. Something I had working fairly well on R4V5.

Can anyone advise me what I might be doing wrong? Does the HD3000 encode the stream differently? Does R5V15 modify the ATSC comming for the tuner card?

I just don't know where to start. I do know I am now not using the drivers that came with the HD line and am using the DVB support in MythTV

Any thoughts? Or better yet solutions? Also anyone know off the top of their head how to get the HD2000 working under this lates revision?

Thanks!!! Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:00 am 
I know I was having problems with sound and skipping on playback on mine and so I went into mythtv-setup, and changed (I might get this backwards) it from PS to TS and my problems cleared up. I'm not sure what the old drivers recorded as, but my bet would be TS as I have comparable performace with TS but much worse than the old drivers using PS.

Anyways the settings is under advance on the dvb card under capture cards.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:15 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
I know I was having problems with sound and skipping on playback on mine and so I went into mythtv-setup, and changed (I might get this backwards) it from PS to TS and my problems cleared up. I'm not sure what the old drivers recorded as, but my bet would be TS as I have comparable performace with TS but much worse than the old drivers using PS.

Anyways the settings is under advance on the dvb card under capture cards.

Xsecrets,
You are right on the money. The Transport Streams now work :-)

Anybody have any idea on how to get my HD2000 to work in this new version? I tried to find the alternate kernel, it used to be under "/usr/src/debs/pchdtv_kernel/" But not anymore

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:57 pm 
Perhaps a different kernel is no longer needed for the pcHDTV? Perhaps taking a gander my annoucements.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:20 pm 
cesman wrote:
Perhaps a different kernel is no longer needed for the pcHDTV? Perhaps taking a gander my annoucements.

I saw the announcement. Unfortunatly, I don't understand enough to translate that into a working system. I cannot see the HD2000 through DVB and it no longer responds on /dev/video32. So I must admit I am ignorant on how to use the functionality built into the kernel.

I did, however, find another thread detailing how to load the 'dvb-bt8xx' module and now I can access the the card through the dvb settings.

Is this the most appropriate way to approach it, or is there a better way? If there is a better way, can you point me to a link?

Thanks!
Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:23 pm 
loading the modues is the proper way.

Xsecrets