View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: air2pc setup problems
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:31 pm 
I've just bought a shiny new air2pc card, and I'm having trouble getting MythTV to recognize it. The drivers appear to be loading, all the modules are running, but I get the following rather curious error (from dmesg):

Code:
drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: FlexCopIIB(rev.195) chip found
drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: the chip has 38 hardware filters
skystar2: A frontend driver was not found for device 13d0/2103 subsystem 13d0/2103

In addition, the DVB setup in mythtv-setup keeps telling me that it can't find card 0/1/2/3.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do have the "older" air2pc cards that they are selling on eBay (hey, I just bought an HDTV; I don't have enough money for the fancy card, too! ;) ), however I don't think that that is the problem.

Has anyone else run into a similar error?

- Stealth Dave

Post subject: Air2PC Not recognized...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:20 am 
Dave, I have the same problem. Is there a chance that the R0.2 Air2PC card may not be supported? I thought I read somewhere that the R5A16 version of Knoppmyth had Air2PC support built-in. Anybody know if there is something that needs to be done to allow the cards to be seen?

Thanks,

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:47 pm 
Dave,

I have been doing some searching and it appears that the r0.2 cards use the Broadcomm tuners. The air2pc support that is installed into Knoppmyth appears to be for only the newer NXT2002 tuner. The latest version of DVB supports the older Broadcomm tuner but I tried to install it into my kernel and failed miserably. I am rusty on kernel builds and worked over everything that I had working and now need to do a fresh install of Knoppmyth.

<appeal to others> Does anybody know if there is an easier way to build the newer DVB support into an existing install of R5A16? This would really help those of use who can use the R0.2 cards.

Thanks,

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:14 pm 
I recently got a pair of these cards with the intent of building my first Myth box. Looks like they're r0.2, and until I get the rest of my hardware, I'm trying to figure out how I'll handle this.

this is the closest thing to help I can provide, and even that appears to be for 2.6.12-rc4-3, which I'm fairly sure KnoppMyth isn't running.

But I'm also a born again linux virgin and have no idea how to even approach that bit. Was hoping KnoppMyth would be a bit more plug-and-play(and-record), but it looks like I may be twiddling my thumbs a bit longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:40 pm 
Charles,

I've started a new topic under the hardware forum which shows the steps that I have taken to date. You're right, only the newer kernels support the card and even then you may have to patch it.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5551

Hope that helps. If you find anything new, please let me know. I currently can see and scan channels with the card but get no audio or video. Have a few things to try tonight...

Shawn