View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:24 pm 
When R5A22 came out I was totally excited that it detected the two HD3000 cards. It also did a great job of scanning the channels and then updating all the stuff for zap2it automatically. It even had an option to choose the channel numbering format for major and minor channels.

With R5A26 (fresh install), I run the channel scan then "mythfilldatabase" as usual. The result is that all of the listings show up in the program guide followed by the results of the channel scan with "No Data". Did something change in the scripts?

This box is completely dedicated to testing at the moment, so I can try any suggestions when I get home tonight.

Also, the option to choose the channel numbering format has disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:24 pm 
The svn version of mythtv released with R5A22 had better channel scanning support. The problem was that because it was an svn release, there was no gaurentee that it would smoothly upgrade to 0.19 when that finally gets released. As a consequence, R5A26 was release with an older (stable release?) version of knoppmyth. This one should smoothly upgrade when 0.19 comes around but it does not have the svn enhancements that improve channel scanning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:24 pm 
Ahhhhhh

That makes sense.

I probably should have figured that out from other posts about R5A22. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:07 am 
Red5 wrote:
When R5A22 came out I was totally excited that it detected the two HD3000 cards. It also did a great job of scanning the channels and then updating all the stuff for zap2it automatically. It even had an option to choose the channel numbering format for major and minor channels.

How do I access this feature of choosing the the channel numbering format?

I too followed the directions (step 1, 2 3 and 4, mythfilldatabase and then channel scan in stp 5 followed by mythfilldatabase again). I get a list with channels in the [channel]_[subchannel] format and [channel][subchannel] format in my guide.

When I press channel up from 2_1 instead of getting 4_1 (as I should in my area Los Angeles) I get 301 which is actually 30_1. The OSG has no information on channel 301 but does have information on channel 30_1.

Maybe I can removed these channels from my OSG (or at least the channel up/down list) using the _option control_ mentioned by Red5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:02 am 
I believe the channel format can be selected in mythtv-setup in the screen just prior to the scan for channels screen. Just select the "Format" box and left/right arrow through the different formats.

Is that what you are asking, or did I misunderstand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:22 pm 
gamelyn31 wrote:
I believe the channel format can be selected in mythtv-setup in the screen just prior to the scan for channels screen. Just select the "Format" box and left/right arrow through the different formats.

Is that what you are asking, or did I misunderstand?

After looking at the Channel Editor section more closely and with the benefit of the information provided by your post(s) I see the field you're referring to _Channel Separator:_. I had been using the default selection _none (51)_. I believe this is the option setting you're referring to. I will explore the results of the different settings.

Thanks! You've been a big help!