View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:57 pm 
OK, I'll admit that I'm still in research phase, so I don't have anyway to try this and answer my own question.

Basically I have an antenna on my roof so that I can get ATSC OTA for the major networks. I'm thinking about switching to cable and using an HD3000 to tune the unencrypted QAM channels available there. However lots of folks in my area have problems with the major network stations in QAM (usually has to do with the connection between the station and the cable folks).

So, since the HD3000 can demodulate both 8VSB (OTA) and QAM (cable), I was wondering if you could do both at the same time (i.e. have a channel that is ATSC and different one that is QAM using the same card). If so, I guess the next question is whether you can basically combined the cable input and the OTA input into one coax for the card to tune and demodulate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:37 pm 
I don't think this will be possible. I'm not sure if the card will support it or not, however in the mythtv setup you have to create a video source to associate with the tuner, and I'm fairly certain that you can't have both ota and qam channels in one video source, if you could it would not be an easy through the menu setup it would involve hacking the database directly.

Xsecrets