View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: hd5000 qam mythtv
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:44 am 
I have read description of similar symptoms but haven't found an answer that works or at least I understood. I am attempting to install mythtv. When I installed my card in windows I was able to find the shows by scanning with the dbviewer software that came with it. I was able to watch capture the unencrypted hdtv channels that my local cable company broadcasts. When I scan channels in my mythtv setup no channels are listed. After I type in mythfilldatabase then I see channels listed in the channel editor. Of course those don't match the qam channesl so I change them to the channel that they are broadcast on (90_1 etc). Everytime I try to watch a live tv or record something I get a black screen. One other thing is that during the channel scan it will say locked on the appropriate chanells (such as 90). The channel scanner will say scan timed out or something similar when it is on a correct channel. I tried dvbscan us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-qam256 and I get an error that says that fronend0 is busy. Help what do I do next.

Rkshack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:29 am 
your cable provider probably strips the PSID information. In that case myth will not scan the channel, and you will have a huge amount of information to enter directly into the database directly. no a channel like 90-1 etc won't do it what you need is the exact freq information. It difficult enough to find out that I gave up a while back and I'm hoping that mythtv 0.19 will scan channels without PSID data.

Xsecrets