View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:21 pm 
In my on-going saga of trying to get the Air2PC card working, I keep running into the same brick wall - specifically, I can't get a signal lock on any OTA station. At least, that's what appears to be the problem. I've gone through all the forum postings I can find. Here's my previous post:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7668

I then found this nice post from vtdstein95, which explains how to use the Air2PC card as a signal strength indicator using femon (is there any documentation or even a man page on femon anywhere?)

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8019

femon showed I had a 0000 signal strength when I tried to WatchTV using the Air2PC card. That just can't be right. I'm willing to admit that I *could* have a weak signal, but it's most certainly not zero.

I also happen to notice (purely by chance) that the following error was logged in my syslog:

Code:
KERN_WARNING lgdt330x: lgdt3303_read_status: Modulation set to unsupported value

...and repeated many thousands of times

Does anyone know what this means? I did a forum/wiki/google search without any good hits. (Some google hits brought me to source code, but nothing that offered any real insight... at least not for me!)

Any suggestions?
[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:26 pm 
eh, sorry, I probably should have just continued from my last posting. Didn't mean to clutter things up.