View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:48 pm 
I've got my XFConfig set with the DisplaySize parameter to let it know that I'm running on a 16:9 display (EDTV). When I connect to my NTSC front ends, I get the correct aspect ratios - black bars on the sides for regular content, and I can override the aspect ratio on letterboxed content for full screen.

I have gotten around to setting up my DVICo Fusion card for digital cable and it's working great, except that I can't seem to figure out how to tell mythfrontend that my monitor is 16:9. Content that should have black sidebars is stretched out to take up the entire screen, which is annoying. Cycling through the aspect ratios (W key) yields less than favorable results, as it doesn't look like I can actually get what looks correct.

If I use azap to tune the channel and pipe it through mplayer then I get the correct aspect ratio. I am assuming that mythfrontend is not calling some other application to display the content? Any ideas here on what to do? I don't have the exact specs on my tv (Daewoo DPS-42) that would allow me to make a 100% accurate modeline, or I'd try that.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:03 pm 
Never mind, moment of sleep deprivation...

I *had* DisplaySize in the Monitor section of XF86Config-4 until I upgraded to the latest NVidia display driver. When I added it back in, the aspect ratio was fixed. At least this is a testimonial to that working correctly. ;)

Scott