View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Cant change channel
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:55 pm 
ok so basically what happens is i can get my hd-3000 to work if i set the capture device as vl4 standsrd capture device but i can only see one channel and i cant change it. If i try to install my device as DVB as instructed in http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=R5A16_HD-3000_HOWTO i can not see any thing the screen stays blank. if i set the device to hd-3000 i get the same result a blank screen. when i do get that one channel working with a standsrd setting the channels are not labbled or any thing almost like for some reason my channels werent downloaded. i know that the guide above is for an older version of knoppmyth(im using KnoppMythR5A30.2.iso) but before i recieved my new setup i put the hd-3000 in an old comp just to test and i could see channels and was able to change channels this was also a vl4 standerd capture card setting. I guess another thing i should mention is when i try to follow the step that says do a full channels scan i am not able to do this unless my card is set to DVB and when i try to scan it says cant tune. If any one could point out where i am going wrong or what i need to do to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

My Setup:
ABIT KV-85
amd sempron 3100 64bit 1.8ghz
200Gb hard drive
1 gig ram
pvr-150: not yet installed in the mail
hd-3000
nvidia mx4000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:21 pm 
It should definitely be set to DVB. Then do a channel scan. Does it see any channels? Do they come in ok or are they weak/crappy? The HD3000 does not like weak channels, and trying to tune a bad channel can freak it out. Make sure that the starting channel is a good one. In my case, I set it to 10_1, the first good channel. It won't like it if you set it to a non-existant or weak channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:20 am 
ok when i set it to dvb and i scan for channels every channels says failed to tune so when i hit watch live tv myth kinda freezes and the screen stays black. At that point the escape button doesnt work so i have to alt-tab to bring in console and ctrl c to end myth tv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:25 pm 
Rsx024 wrote:
ok when i set it to dvb and i scan for channels every channels says failed to tune

That sounds like trouble.
Do you have a reasonable signal? In my case, I can plug into my stand-alone STB and test for myself, to see if I've got a signal. I expect that you don't, or it's marginal. There's a threshold that you can play with. Maybe lower it a bit. The default is 60, I think. Try a bigger antenna?
Some people can get a good signal from 20 miles with just an indoor Silver Sensor. Others aren't as lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:26 am 
ok i think that i need to clarify that i am not using antenna but am trying to get signal from my cable. so now by you mentioning antenna i never made the conneection that dvb is possibly only used with antenna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:36 am 
Hmm. Cable. Make sure that you're using the US-Cable setting, and not US-Bcast (or is it US-ATSC? I forget).
If that doesn't help immediately, find a writeup for the HD3000 and QAM. QAM is the key here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:20 am 
Ok but i should still add it as a dvb card? its wierd when i select dvb and it looks for my card is says it finds the hd3000 on video0 but its actually video1 because my pvr-150 is vidoeo0. ive tried setting it as hd-3000 with no luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:23 pm 
Rsx024 wrote:
Ok but i should still add it as a dvb card?

I think so, but you should find a QAM write-up and follow that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:59 pm 
Ok thanks ill look around