View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:25 am 
I just got my HD-5000 up and running and I'm amazed by all the digital content in my area.

Flipping through the channels, I see that some of the channels look good, others have a large black or grey bar on the left. For instance, I'm watching Leno, right now, and it fills the screen with the exeption of leterbox bars on top and bottom. However, when commercials com on, there is a large black bar on the left and about 1/3 of the picture seems to be cut off on the right.

What might be the cause of this? I suspect what I am seeing is a side effect of watching on a tube tv with a svideo input.

mike

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200

Last edited by mschlott on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:30 pm 
I have been playing with the aspect override, and I can set it to make each channel look like it should. The problem is, there does not seem to be one setting that is good for all channels. I'm using fill and it is working the best for me, but on some channels, I have to hit w untill the aspect ratio is correct.

Any ideas? Is this something that I just have to live with? Is it different on hdtvs, or do you guys have to fiddle with each channel?

To make matters worse, the display on my analog card is blown way up. I still have a lot of tweaking to do. On the upside, the digital picture is great and my 2.4 Ghz is holding up fine using xvmc. The commflagging is lagging behind a bit though.

mike

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:50 am 
Is anyone out there using a digital receiver card with a Standard Def TV? I can't be the only one.

If so how do you get the different digital signals from each channel to display correctly? Idealy there would be an aspect override setting that would fill the width of the screen for each channel.

Am I missing something, or could this just be a video driver issue?

mike

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200