View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:18 am 
What's the proper way of setting up over-the-air video sources for the HD3000 with the new MythTV?

I have my digital channels set up in my Zap2It account. I wiped out my previous video sources when I did my R5B7 upgrade and thought I reloaded them properly in the appropriate mythtv-setup screen. At first I did a "scan for channels" which went fine (my HD3000 is set up with the DVB drivers), but then it didn't appear to be linked to the Zap2It program data.

So I did the other option (it's those two new buttons in the Video Sources setup screen, don't remember the wording) and that seemed to work. At least I recorded successfully on one channel (91, local CBS affiliate). I then noticed that, unlike how I had things set up before, I didn't have two channel 41s... one for cable channel 41 (linked to my Hauppauge tuners) and one for digital channel 41 (local NBC affiliate recorded on my HD3000). Now I just have the cable channel and no means to record digital channel 41 (or 51 for that matter).

Anyhow, I think I screwed up the setup. Anyone who can provide steps on how best to do so? Do I need to run DVB_fixer.sh? I guess I thought that wouldn't be needed with 0.19.

(I did search mythtv-users for but didn't see anything offhand on how to reconfigure things)

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:30 am 
It sounds like you set up the HD-3000 correctly. Are you asking why you are not seeing your analog channels? Did you configure the analog Hauppauge card?

mike

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:18 am 
Sorry I wasn't clear.

The problem is that, whereas before I could set up a recording on either channel 41 (analog cable) or channel 41 (digital TV over-the-air), now my channel listings only show the analog cable channel 41. So I can't record my NBC affiliate in HD on channel 41 on my HD3000.

For those digital TV channels that don't have a corresponding analog channel, I can see and record those channels (at least I could with channel 91).

One additional clue I forgot to mention: before I had program info for my digital channels 14 days out as with my analog cable channels. Now I have "no data" for the digital OTA channels past two days out.

Additional weird clue: I just used MythWeb's "Searches" page to search for upcoming HDTV shows. Lo and behold, I can select "24" to record on "channel 51" tonight on the local Fox affiliate... but under Listings that channel does not appear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:40 am 
It sounds like your listings are not set up correctly. In mythtv-setup, look at the channel editor. Do you have a listing for both channel 41s? Do you have listings for all of you analog channels except for 41?

Double check that you have your sources set up correctly for each card. Try deleting both cards then adding them back in a different order.

I don't have your situation, because all my digital channels are sub channels. I get channel 4 on analog cable and channels 4_1 and 4_2 OTA on a HD-5000.

mike

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:46 am 
also if your stationId and channel ID's match in the DB it will lump the channels together in the guide. Also the two days of guide data only thing sounds almost like you are using ota guide data instead of zap2it.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:35 pm 
mschlott

What type of Asus board u got? The Pentium 4 P4P800 ? I have the P4P800-VM microatx board and having issues with HD...dunno if it's board or my config.

Nehow just wondering ur board type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:01 pm 
I have the P4P800-VM too. I am having trouble with HD too. Please see my other threads. If it seems related, follow up over there. I'd be very interested in your problems.

mike

PVR-150 - HD-5000
Geforce FX 5200