View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:06 pm 
I have two HD-3000 cards and one HD-2000 card in my system. I've just upgraded to R5B7 and the HD-3000 cards are working great, but the HD--2000 isn't recording shows.

Oddly enough, it *thinks* it's recording shows. I don't see any error messages in the mythbackend log. But the show is a 0 byte file when it's all done.

At bootup, the kernel reports finding all three cards, and the firmware is uploaded into each card. During setup, the card is detected and offers no problems. (Come to think of it, I did the "scan" only with one of the HD-3000 cards -- do I need to do a separate scan for the HD-2000?)

It is mildly puzzling. I have some time to resolve it as I only use the third card on Wednesdays. The rest of the week I can get by with only two demod cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:43 am 
This is still vexing me. I can't see anything wrong in the logs. Everything seems to be hunky-dory, only my HD-2000 card (#3) doesn't save any recorded information to the file.

I'm using the DVB driver for the HD-2000, where before I used the "old school" drivers. Is this the problem? Has anyone gotten the HD-2000 to run as a DVB card? Inquiring minds... OK... *I* want to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:38 am 
Just a thought

How about changing the priority of the cards around to let the HD-2000 be 1st and the HD3000's be the 2nd and 3rd.

Then fire up Live Tv and see if the problem is more than just recording.

If that's the case then I would check out Femon to see if the channels are locking, and then rescan the channels like you were thinking....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:41 pm 
Your idea sounds promising. I've never heard of femon. Does it work with ATSC cards (U.S. HDTV) when driven with a DVB driver? I'll have to do some googling on this one.

EDIT:

I just tried running femon over my SSH connection from work. Sure enough it shows a valid signal for adapter 0 and 1, but no signal for adapter 2. (All three are defaulted to the same channel -- a nice strong CBS signal.)

I need to look more into this. It's possible the DVB driver just doesn't work for the HD-2000, even though it emits all the right messages in the log files about finding the chipset and loading the firmware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:16 pm 
Hello again

I have an Air2PC R2.0 HDTV card that is configured in mythsetup as ATSC DVB and shows up with a Broadcom chipset. I use Femon to see if the channels are locking. I was looking at CVS the other day and noticed that there are some DVB bugs that the developers are working on. With that said there seem to be many types of DVB cards in Europe that I'm sure that makes it hard to test all the them. For some reason it takes 2 to 4 minutes after X starts for my signal to start locking.

For you - First try and scan the channels again and see it that gets it to lock. If not, check the logs. I was thinking that maybe in Mythsetup you need to setup a seperate card for the HD2000 and the HD3000. Maybe they are slightly different chipsets. I have two PVR250 and the newer one is evil while the old one works correctly first time all the time.....