View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Myth 0.20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:52 am 
I just read the in progress release notes for Myth 0.20 and got myself excited already. There are going to be many changes that will improve the install, config and use of HD tuners. Channel scanning, DVB radio channels, improved QAM support, a channel editor from the OSD, etc.

Why do I do that to myself? I should have never clicked that link.

At the risk of Cecil, Dale and crew hunting me down...do you know when the next version of KnoppMyth will be out, using 0.20??? Please!! (Just kidding, for the humor impaired)

Post subject: Re: Myth 0.20
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:25 am 
abrendel wrote:
At the risk of Cecil, Dale and crew hunting me down...do you know when the next version of KnoppMyth will be out, using 0.20??? Please!! (Just kidding, for the humor impaired)

Just as soon as you make it! Hurry up! Get cracking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:37 pm 
You never know, 0.20 might even work! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:24 pm 
This bugfix looks promising:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1052
Backend segfault in preview generation

I've had this several times. Only with shows from one channel! It'll lockup while generating the preview thumbnail, and I have to go in and either delete the show from the database, or clear the bookmark and then delete the thumbnail.
It can lock-up either when browsing shows in the front-end, or the mythweb. Sometimes it takes down the backend, sometimes it just locks the frontend.
Only on one channel (CBSHD), but that's the only card that is primarily using the Air2PC 5000 card. The others use the PCHD3000 card. (I did it that way because I get better results with CBS on the 5000, NBC on the 3000, and everything else seems ok either way.)
Sorry for rambling, just trying to leave clues for others that may have this same issue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:48 pm 
abrendel wrote:
I have not a sense of humor when it comes to my work on KnoppMyth... So, don't quit your day job.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:57 pm 
WOW I actually haven't been paying any attention at all to the development recently and there are some nice features coming down the pipe, though I imagine it will be quite a few months before 0.20 is released.

Xsecrets

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:34 am 
abrendel wrote:
I should have never clicked that link.
Link... What link? I hate it when I have to hunt down something to find out what people are talking about when it would have been so easy for them to provide a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:51 am 
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.20

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:46 pm 
Well I just compiled from svn
(I had an issue with 0.19 freezing between shows), and it's true, some of the upcoming features are gonna be neat. My crashing problem appears to be gone, as is the xvmc chromakey osd crash, so I've finally got xvmc working the way it should. Watching a recorded program is getting more and more like livetv, since you can now open the program guide while watching a recording. The internal video player has proper fast-forwarding now. The internal dvd player: well, it sorta works, but nowhere near as well as xine. The OpenGL menus...they seem to work, I can say that much...don't really notice any difference though, but they might allow for fancy effects someday.
EDIT: I take that last comment back, I forgot to restart the frontend, and the OpenGL menus actually have a fading effect and seem quite a bit faster now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:53 am 
Oooh. 0.20 sounds exciting... Just the other day I was wondering about how far we were were from the next version of this current Beta Release or were we going to see an Alpha... but I restrained myself.

As Cesman said:
Quote:
I have not a sense of humor when it comes to my work on KnoppMyth...

Glad I didn't....
Ooops :wink:

Post subject: 0.20-Diffs?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:32 am 
@ misterflibble:

How did you compile it from svn? Is it possible to use the 0.19-diffs posted in this forum? ;) Or did you write down own diffs?

I have a problem with losless mpeg2-transcoding and would like to see if it's still there in 0.20...

-Jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:45 pm 
http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page ... hTVFromSVN was my basic guide. Greg Frost shows at the bottom how to add the Knoppmyth menu back, which is the main customization you'd need to get back. Using the diffs from 0.19 doesn't work, they're too different.

For mythtv's configuration I used
Code:
./configure --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-xvmc-pro --enable-proc-opt --prefix=/usr
This should cover most of the things enabled in the Knoppmyth version, I think. The SVN version of mythtv does have to be installed before you start compiling mythplugins. Also, backing up stuff as the guide suggested is huge. The database scheme gets updated and it can't be reverted, so you will absolutely need a backup of the old one if the SVN installation breaks.

As far as I know, mythburn does not work with SVN, but it's successor, http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive will.

For the record, one of the reasons I went to SVN was that my lossless mpeg2 transcoding was also bad. I haven't done much transcoding since the upgrade, but I think my problems with it have been fixed along with ALL my Xvmc problems. :D [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:05 pm 
misterflibble wrote:
For mythtv's configuration I used
Code:
./configure --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-xvmc-pro --enable-proc-opt --prefix=/usr
This should cover most of the things enabled in the Knoppmyth version, I think.

If you want to see the options that the knoppmyth version of mythtv was configured with, the the following command before installing an svn version:
Code:
mythfrontend --version
or alternatively, look at cesman's diffs. Beware that some of these options may no longer be available in the SVN version though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:17 am 
cesman wrote:
abrendel wrote:
I have not a sense of humor when it comes to my work on KnoppMyth... So, don't quit your day job.

I am sorry to hear that Cesman. We all LOVE your work!