View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Stream to iPhone?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 am 
I was trying to stream myth2ipod transcoded recordings and mp3s to my iphone and it doesn't seem to work for me. Granted all I tried was pointing my browser to the mythweb/iphone folder and clicking on one of the links. Here someone speaks of it working. Anyone have this working with KM, yet? (I don't know how to reply to the mailing list, either.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 pm 
I was able to get streaming from myth to iphone working after being inspired here (also see the discussion on that page).

The key is (hold your breath) turning off MythWeb security. Using ToggleWebSecurity.sh this is easy. I was able to go to the /ipodfeed/ folder and stream mp3 and mp4 audio and video.

I also modified the encoding script (above page) to create an xml file along with mp4. This will allow encoding of .vob files to iphone/ipod. I would like to extend this script to glean video information from the database. Would also be nice to be able to run this script from the FE for improved WAF.

I'm having trouble streaming video encoded with the myth2ipod script, I suspect it's because the iphone doesn't like a 'hinted' file which I believe the MP4Box does.

I suspect that streaming mp4's with this script will only work over WiFi and not Edge. Perhaps an update to the above script could also allow a 2nd .3gp file for use over Edge.

Of coarse the 'killer app' here is streaming LiveTV over edge to an iPhone. For the moment, this is still a ways off.

cat /usr/local/bin/vid2ipod

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#MythIPod v.1 http://www.chiefhacker.com/                                                 
#Copyright 2007 Chris Lorenzo et al                 
#This software is licensed under the CC-GNU LGPL
#<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/LGPL/2.1/>
#Additionally modified 2007 Doug Johnson
#Changed again by Too Many Secrets 2008
#vid2ipod v.01

if [ ! $# == 2 ]; then
  echo "Usage: $0 directory file"
  exit
fi

directory="$1";
file="$2";

#Find video info
video_info=`mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 10 -identify "${directory}/${file}" 2>/dev/null`

#Determine aspect and other details
aspect=`echo $video_info | egrep -oe "Movie-Aspect is [0-9:.]+" | egrep -o "[0-9:.]+"`
framerate=`echo $video_info | egrep -oe "[0-9.]+ fps" | egrep -o "[0-9.]+"`

#Set resolution based on aspect

if [ "$aspect" == "1.78:1" ]
then
  width=432
  height=240
  vbitrate=480k
else
  width=480
  height=360
  vbitrate=378k
fi

abitrate=128k

#Create .mp4 file in /myth/ipodfeed/ directory.
#Change -map 0.1:0.1 as needed to find desired audio stream.

ffmpeg -i "${directory}/${file}"  -s ${width}x${height} -map 0.0:0.0 -vcodec mpeg4 -b ${vbitrate} -flags +aic+mv4+trell -mbd 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 250 -maxrate 512k -bufsize 2M -map 0.1:0.1 -ab ${abitrate} -title "${file}" "/myth/ipodfeed/${file}.ipod.mp4"

#Create xml file in /myth/ipodfeed/ directory.

echo "Creating xml file"
echo "<item>" > /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<title>${file}</title>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<itunes:author>MythTV</itunes:author>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<author>MythTV</author>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<itunes:category text='"TV Shows"'></itunes:category>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<comments></comments>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<description></description>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<pubDate>date</pubDate>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<enclosure url='"http://your_ip_address/ipodfeed/${file}.ipod.mp4"' type='"video/quicktime"' />" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<itunes:duration></itunes:duration>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<itunes:keywords>'"${file}"'</itunes:keywords>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "<category></category>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "</item>" >> /myth/ipodfeed/"${file}".ipod.xml
echo "xml file finished :)"

Modify the script by adding your ip address. You may also need to change the -map to the language desired if multiple streams. Run the above script #vid2ipod "dir" "file" which should create and xml and mp4 in the /myth/ipodfeed/ directory.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:07 am 
Hi,

I was browsing for mythtv on Appletv2.0 and i found this page talking about support of Iphone or Ipod Touch as mythtv frontend. No Jailbreaking needed.

Check by Yourself.

Link: http://chriscarey.com/projects/mythtv/iphone/

If you test it please give us feedback.

Happy Knoppmything
Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm 
Yeah, I have played with this, but haven't gotten it to work and then went onto playing with .21 I will revisit this once my test box is back to current KM. Maybe Davila can chime in with some wisdom, seems I remember him posting about an iTouch. (but I reserve the right to be having a brain fart here...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:23 pm 
Yes I can. It does work great to my iPod Touch, but there are some errors.

The myth wiki on myth2ipod is stale see http://www.myth2ipod.com/myth2ipod.html.

also http://chriscarey.com/projects/mythtv/iphone/ for the web access

if you check his wiki page on installing you will see my comments.

chriscarey uses a modified "myth2ipod" script for transcoding but you can use the myth2ipod script from the above site NOT the myth wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 pm 
Was wondering if anyone has this working in R6? Seems it's still being supported. Would be cool feature and high geek factor here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
myth2ipod should work OTB. Why not just use that? I don't fancy adding additional deps (SMARTY, etc.) for this went we already have a functioning solution for video playback on the ipod.