View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:51 pm 
Someone posted a picture to Twitter about what he felt was a bad example of a new MythTV 0.22 interface:

http://www.mythtv.org/w/images/b/ba/Mythbuntu_theme.png

I agree, but the more interesting thing in this picture is getting Tekzilla to appear along with all of the TV recordings. If I could do this I'd watch a LOT more video podcasts.

I saw mythtnettv mentioned on the MythTV unofficial plug-ins page and it sounds like it could do it:

http://www.stillhq.com/mythtv/mythnettv/

But searching the forum here for mythnettv turned up very little, searching the wiki turned up nothing.

Is anyone using this, or any ideas how/if one could use this with KnoppMyth or LinHES? Guess I'll give it a shot if no one else has

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:45 pm 
Someone pleas tell me how to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:31 pm 
sweet! x2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:05 pm 
I tried installing it per the README file, but running it gives me: "You need to create the configured data directory at "" "

I've created a data directory in /home/user/data/ as well as /var/lib/mythtv/mythnettv/data/ but still no luck.

UPDATE: aha! I set the data directory I wanted via the command:

Code:
./mythnettv --datadir /var/lib/mythtv/mythnettv/data/

and now it's doing something. Will keep experimenting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm 
OK, some tips. Still not positive it's working but I've been able to subscribe to things and it's been downloading them.

Tips:

1) Download and install as mythtv... that way the program has the proper permissions to move things into Recorded Programs without an error.

2) After adding an XML feed via the instructions in the README, follow it with an "./mythnettv update" command.

3) I've subscribed to the Tekzilla HD feed and the Scam School HD feed. Problem is it seems to think it needs to transcode everything it gets before inserting it into the DB and copying it to the right place. There appears to be a way to avoid this, but I'm not sure what will play via mythfrontend and what won't. Will have to experiment.

4) Make your data directory where there's room, since during transcoding it uses this "data" directory to do so. I made a new directory in /myth: /myth/mythnettv/data/, and changed ownership to mythtv:mythtv, and set the data directory per above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 pm 
I had it working for a while, but the way you add feeds is not forgiving and you can not delete them, only mark them inactive, which can be a hassle if you want to just sample, or the feed link changes.

I ended up using Miro and downloading to my video directory. Not has elegant as MythNetTV, but more dependable if I want to manually refresh to look for a new post, and it let me find some new shows to subscribe to.

Post subject: CPR ON DEAD THREAD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:32 pm 
sorry to revive this corpse I'm looking at installing this and noticed that there was a mythweb interface http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNettv#My ... ntegration