View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:57 am 
I remember reading a thread which I can't find now that discussed some major changes of mythvideo under the 0.22. I have no interest in the database feature for video content since all of my video content are home movies/stuff that wouldn't be in the grabbers. I want mythvideo to display a "live" list of /myth/video and allow me to browse through it/play files via mplayer. Does this functionality exist under 0.22?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 pm 
If I am understanding you correctly, yes it does.

You have to NFS your mythvideo directories for frontends as that is how your player will load them. In setup you can add multiple paths separated by ":" if you have more than one directory of video files. You have to setup these paths on both backend and frontend(s).

Each directory will end up as a folder in mythvideo. So you want to have unique directory names. For example:

/media/disk0/video/HomeMovies
/media/disk1/video/HomeMovies

Would then actually display as two folders in mythvideo called "HomeMovies". Which is something you probably don't want to do because it looks dumb. :)

If you are just doing /myth/video then you really don't have to do anything with NFS as R6 already does /myth as NFS. Just think about how you organize the video files in /myth/video to control how it looks in mythvideo. *I* like to organize the home video into "Birthday", "Christmas" etc so there is a folder for each in mythvideo.

I have not seen a nice way to edit metadata by hand for mythvideo. In R5 mythweb let me edit some fields for the home video files but I think it's gone in R6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:56 am 
I am having a similar issue. I just did the upgrade to 6.02.00, and MythVideo seems to behave differently.

All my videos are in /myth/video, and they previously auto-detected any changes. Now they do not. I realise there is the MythVideo menu to 'scan for changes', and that seemed to work, but unfortunately before then I changed the directory locations in 'mythtv-setup'. Auto detection will be very nice (for WAF).

Also, I am having this irritating behaviour, where keyboard does not work during AVI playback using Internal player. [see thread http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20494]

Also, the default player (mplayer) does not want to play AVIs from MythVideo, but if I do a 'mplayer-wrapper.pl -fs -zoom <filename>.avi' from an Alt-X terminal it works well!!!
[Note: AVI was not specified as a File Type, and I set it up trying both Internal and Default players]

It seems my changeover to 6.02.00 is a bit rough...
Any hints will be most appreciated.

regards,
Myk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 am 
If the script plays your AVI fine then it's a matter of checking the command-linr arguments it is using. Remember when mplayer runs with something like "mplayer filename", it's going to use what you have defined in ~/.mplayer/config. Or if it does not have defined parameters in that config, it's going to do a best guess when it runs.

It's best guess might not be too good. :)

But perhaps you are saying the defined player is running the same script? Yes that would be weird.

Yes you have to "scan for changes" to get new files into mythvideo. It will have to become one of your "husbandly duties" :)

Beware before you do a scan on any frontend or backend. If the directory setup is different on the machine you run the scan, it will erase what you have scanned previously. Which is quite annoying when you have many files and have updated all the fanart and metadata - then just wiped it out to re-do again. Then you will be doing searches for "jamu". :)

Welcome to 0.22.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:42 pm 
It seems the frontend does not directly access the file. Going through the logs, then typing in the same command, I got:
Code:
[mythtv@SelfControl mythtv]$ mplayer-wrapper.pl -fs -zoom myth://Videos@127.0.0.1:6543/filename.avi
No stream found to handle url myth://Videos@127.0.0.1:6543/filename.avi
DEBUG: /usr/LH/bin/mplayer-wrapper.pl's player command is: *** mplayer-resumer.pl -vo xv,x11, -vc , -vf pp=lb, -fs -zoom "myth://Videos@127.0.0.1:6543/filename.avi" 2>&1 | ***
Unable to open myth://Videos@127.0.0.1:6543/.filename.avi.resume for writing at /usr/LH/bin/mplayer-resumer.pl line 153.
[mythtv@SelfControl mythtv]$

I did a 'mythtv-setup' and the 'Videos' path is setup, and the backend is setup for port 6543 and 127.0.0.1 .

Got to keep looking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 pm 
Site Admin
Given the stream it is trying to server up, it looks like MythTV is using Storage Groups for MythVideo. Did you set that up? If I recall, Storage Groups won't work for mplayer until 0.23.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 am 
Yes, it seems I did set up storage groups. I deleted them all in mythtv-setup (eventually discovering the 'D' keystroke), and mplayer came good.
Keyboard works in mplayer, so no more issues there (touch wood).
I now have my setup stable, with all options working.