View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Analog tuner overide
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 am 
I am not sure where to begin on this. So far, except for some unexplained frontend crashes (usually at the end of a recording), MythTV on LinHES is good.

I have worked out all major technical hurdles with tuner, IR blaster, Hulu Desktop and more. I am down to the little stuff now. Stuff that has been a bit harder to find info on.

I am using a PVR-350 which unfortunately does not have a separate video in. I must use the analog tuner for both the DTV from the Zenith FTT910 and analog passthrough for about 3 analog channels that I would like to receive.

I preset the channel in setup to 3 and it sits there ready for any DTV coming from the STB. However, it stays on 3 when I try to change to the analog channels, though it changes the channel on the STB. I need the PVR-350 tuner to change to the channel I want. In the channel settings all the DTV channels have no channel entered for frequency, but the analog do. Apparently that setting will not override the channel 3 preset.

The STB channel change is fine, it doesn't matter what it is on for I am using the analog passthrough feature at that point. Where do I overide that preset? Or, must I remove that preset and manually enter 3 for every digital channel from the STB and the real channel for the 3 or 4 analog channels I want.

I am seeking advice to do it correctly and not need to experiment and change all my channel settings over and over. The channel setup is not horrible for a channel or two, but with over 50 channels to configure it is not exactly fun to edit them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:43 pm 
This should be a pretty simple SQL update statement... Is there any obvious way to identify the channels that use the STB?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 pm 
Seems like you are suggesting I disable the channel preset.and change all the channels to 3 except for the few analog ones.

I made all my channel numbers in the format of (channelnumber zero subchannel) since my remote has no dash. So channel 4-1 is 401 and channel 36-6 is 3606.

That means only analog channels have values under 100.

I need to learn more about SQL before I try anything fancy.

What I need then is for all channel numbers over 100, make their frequency = 3.

Is there a good resource with the mythtv database defined? I think I will need that at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 pm 
I tested removing the channel preset. I have no idea how that should work. I still could not make the tuner switch to the analog channels. Plus if the freq is wrong my blaster fails to change the channel correctly.

I am not sure it is worth the effort for 1 real channel. There are 3 I could add, but 1 is spanish and another religious. Nothing wrong with those others, but I will not use them.

Or I can wait until I get my new antennas, HDHomerun and break out the PVR-350 as the analog tuner. I think if I can have that tuner scan, I could change to the channels they find.

I just wish I could make it work as is. I would like to use my STB as the 3rd tuner for Live TV when recording other shows. I hope to have the HDHomerun to augment my current setup. I hate it to be only to swap out the current tuner setup.