View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm 
Running 5.0.

I had a brownout last night, which caused my mythbox to shutdown mid-recording.

It messed up the recordedseek table, which I repaired and re-ran the program to rebuild it (mythcommflag --rebuild), and it showed everything getting rebuilt. But now weird things are happening with playing recordings.

If I hit jump forward, it jumps forward a lot more than it just, on the order of several minutes. If I hit jump back, it goes back to a specific position.

At one point, while watching and not pushing anything, the show jumped ahead by 10 minutes.

I then noticed that the recording showed only as 7 minutes, and the show quit around that point, even though there's more of the show available. I was able to go back in and jump ahead to parts beyond it.

All the rest of the tables in the db show as ok, so it's not another corrupted table. The recordedseek table has just under 13k records.

I'm going to try truncating it and rebuilding the table, but 13k doesn't seem like too many to me.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Edit: truncated and rebuilt the recordedseek table. Down to about 6k records, but the problem still exists. Not sure where the show lengths are stored.

Edit2: looks like running transcode on each recording fixes it.