View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:10 pm 
So one of my Kids shows hasn't been recording since April! She has been more than happy watching the same 5 episodes over and over (plus we got a Roku since then too). But I had the darndest time figuring out why it wasn't recording. Is there some place in MythTV that will show me why Wild Kratts isn't recording? Is there some little screen that says "this episode of Wild Kratts is not recording because it doesn't match this xyz criteria". Sometimes I'll sit there and stare at the upcoming recordings page for 10 minutes trying to figure out where there is a conflict so It's more useful than just Wild Kratts.

In the end It was my fault I was doing a trans-coding experiment and I actually told it not to record new episodes and then I forgot about it. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:53 am 
Mattbatt
I had something similar about a month ago. We had a show that was recording five days a week that I had though quit recording but one day I seen the machine was on and the VFD displayed that it was recording said program. When I pulled up the Pretty file location I seen that I had about 15 shows recorded but not one of them was showing in the "Watch Recordings" menu. The problem was that said program some how got removed from default recording group and was in a group with it's own name. You can check for this by opening "Watch Recordings" and arrow over to the left menu where your shows are listed. When you are on the "All Programs" hit the menu button this will open up the "Group List Menu" and arrow down to "Change Group Filter" and start checking their. To fix it you have to change "said" program in the electronic program guide back to the default setting for all future recordings to show up in the right place and change each previously recorded program back to the default setting. I know what I wrote here is a little vague so if this is your problem let me know and will post the menu locations to fix it.

TVBox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:57 pm 
Thanks TVBox
Sorry I must not have explained myself correctly. I told MythTV not to record new shows it was my fault, It took me a while to figure this out. I was requesting a feature (I guess) where I ask why a show is not being recorded, or what rule is preventing this from being recorded? Or as happens more often "what is conflicting with this episode?".