View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 pm 
Hi all.
Searching the internet and the forums of LinHES and mythtv did not shown any solution to my issue.
Possibly my issue is a general mythtv issue than a LinHES-one (explained below in "what I have done so far".

I've installed a Hauppauge Wintv-quadHD tv card into my tv server as new card (type 1607).
(wintv-quadHD is a multi-standard card with four (4) independent tuners, in my case for DVB-T/T2/C)

--- My issue:
Configuring the card in mythbackend (in "2. capture cards") shows only the option "DVB-T2" and it's not possible to change the standard into DVB-C.
It shows only "Frontend ID: Silicon Labs SI2168" and in "subtype: DVB-T2". Both entries are grayed out and not possible to chage,
The four tuners of the card are listed as "/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0", "/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0", "/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0" and "/dev/dvb/adapter4/frontend0". Here a option "../frontend1" "../frontend2" is not offered and manually changing them into e.g. ".../frontend1 results in "..not recognized.."-output.

For comparision: in my system I have Hauppauge wintv-HVR-4000 additionally installed (using its IR-remote) and this card is being recognized as
"/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0" (DVB-S/S2-part) and "/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend1" (DVB-T-part)

Is there any config-file existent where I can edit which tv-standard the quadHD follows? Via mythtv-setup it's not possible to select.

--- What I have done so far:
- LinHES 8.5.1 newly installed, --> not solved the problem
In my case i ran into automatic restart of the splashscreen after fresh install of LinHES 8.5.1. This was solved after updating system via 2nd console (ctrl-alt-F2) with "sudo pacman -Syu"

- Firmware "dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw" from openelec repository downloaded and copied into "/lib/firmware/" (as root) and system rebootet. --> not solved the problem
The same result with firmware file from palosaari git
Note: the linuxtv-Wiki for the quadHD informs that this firmware is required for the card to work

- Installed Mythbuntu 16.04 (with mythtv 0.28, ubuntu- therefore debian based system)
Drivers and firmware repositories installed as described in hauppauge's webpages
System rebooted and mythtv-setup --> not solved the problem and shows the same behaviour as mythtv 29 (described above)

- Countercheck: LibreELEC installed -LibreELEC and openELEC offer a tv-backend based on VDR-software -
followed the instructions found on the web. --> DVB-C is selectable and works properly, therefore tv-card is ok.
(my issue with the VDR software is that i can't make it to stream tv into my home network, which is mandatory to me, but this is a side-note here).

--- Regarding Log-files:
In best case I can be treated as basic linux user and are more experienced with debian systems than with archlinux-systems,
therefore I would need instructions on which log-files are required, how to get them and store them into files or copy them to clipboard so they can be pasted here.

--- My system:
- Intel Core i5 2nd gen (i5-2xxx) quadcore
- RAM 8GB
- HDD: Crucial SSD with 1TB capacity (only Harddisk in system)
- GPU: nvidia GTX 730
- TV-card 1: Hauppauge wintv-HVR 4000 DVB-S/T-analogue
- TV-card 2: Hauppauge wintv-quadHD (1607) -- IR-port not supported in Linux at time
- OS: LinHES 8.5.1 with latest updates (stand 19.Feb.2018)

Finally I wish to thank everybody in advance for contribution in this post and attempts for help

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 am 
Small update from my side:
In meantime I've read that the Hauppauge multi-format card wintv-HVR5525 uses the same chip for its DVB-T/T2/C part as the wintv-quadHD.
Therefore it's possible that the HVR5525 shows the same behaviour as described in the initial post.

Because I don't have a HVR5525, I can't test this behaviour.

Further it would be appreciated if somebody with access to the MythTV-bug reporting would post this issue there.
Thanks.