View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:30 pm 
I can't figure this out...how do i play recorded shows and skip over the commercials automatically?

I use mythtv backend setup> general> select mythcomflag on intel i3 NUC
On the TV i use Kodi on a raspberry pi. I have selected automatic commercial skipping under PVR client> Mythtv PVR client
I have chosen to Enable commercial skips (EDL) under preferences.

When i playback news etc, the commercials are not skipped.
What am i missing?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 pm 
I didn't even know that option was in KODI?
My RaspPI is still a MythTV light instilation so I fired up my Manjaro computer and after 20 minutes of searching for how to enable PVR-clients in version 17 of Kodi [rant] Because God Forbid the they keep it the same for more than 2 versions or update their own WIKI to at least last years version [/rant] After getting Kodi talking to MythTV again it did indeed miss the first commercial break but it caught the second one and skipped it.
There did seem to be a problem with Kodi 17 and commercial skipping but it seems to have been resolved in official Kodi.
Are you running OSMC or Kodi on your RaspPi?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:29 am 
I have OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3
I also have just kodi on win10
In both cases they don't work
This is Kodi v 17.6 (latest release)

I am not sure how to debug mythtv backend and kodi frontend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 am 
FYI, commercial skipping works for me on Kodi 17.6 on my linhes box. I have Kodi on a raspberry pi but don't utilize it for recorded content.

I wonder if this is a backend configuration though. The backend has to run a job to flag commercials first. Have you run commercial detection on your linhes backend on that recording?

Edit: sorry, I skimmed the original post a little too quickly. Have you verified that the job completed successfully on the backend, though? The job history on mythweb status page would show how many commercials were detected. When selecting a recording on mythic frontend I think there is an icon of a dollar sign when it has scanned for commercials. I also believe I had read someone in another forum that had to change the method of skipping to notify and then back to automatic on kodi to get it to work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:30 pm 
OK my backend is configured to commflag my frontend the "Automatically skip commercials" was set to "off" I tried changing it to to "notify, but do not skip" and "Automatically Skip" and still worked in Kodi.
Try this for me go to into Kodi ->system ->Settings ->Add-ons ->MyhthTV PVR Client ->Configure ->Prefrences -> scroll down to " Enable Commercial Skips (EDL) and change it to "Dialog". -> Hit "OK" to save the changes.
This should notify you if you open a recording that has an "EDL" and ask if you want to use it. It should automatically skip commercial without asking in the program but as long as you are getting the notifcation then the problem is in Kodi not MythTV.