View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:09 pm 
I tried to put in a CD to my Myth box to get it to play it. But then I found there were no play options. I tried to import, but it didn't want to do it (or I didn't understand the interface).

Then, I put in a VCD. I wanted to import it, but the only option was to play it.

Of course, I had no expectation of being able to view a CD-G with it.

Are these options actually missing or are the buried somewhere, or... ?

EDIT: Ugh. I ran into another missing feature I expected. No 'import pictures from a photo cd' option. I put in a CDROM with JPEGs and can't pop it back out. It has locked the tray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:57 am 
The "play VCD" problem will require you to customise the menus. Something like 'mplayer --autoplay vcd' I think. You will probably find what you need by searching these forums. Try VCD or mplayer as search terms.

The disk stuck in the drive can be fixed by going to a Linux console (Alt-Ctrl-F1), logging in as root, and typing eject. (then, go back to the MythTV screen by typing Alt-Ctrl-F7)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:15 am 
To play audio CDs I believe you have to go through the playlist editor in MythMusic and select the CD. It seems kind of cumbersome, I suspect most people just rip their CDs. What do you mean it didn't want to import the CD? What happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:26 pm 
Play VCD is automatically there for me under Optical Drives. I don't need to customise anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:57 pm 
Girkers wrote:
Play VCD is automatically there for me under Optical Drives. I don't need to customise anything.

Yes, you are right. I meant CD or CD-G.

A quick Google reveals no mention of CD-G for either Xine or Mplayer.

You can play a CD directly with something like:
xine cdda://<track-number>
mplayer cdda://track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:56 pm 
Ahhh... Good old CD+G. I was around for a hot second about 15 years ago (man I'm getting old)...

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:50 am 
cesman wrote:
Ahhh... Good old CD+G. I was around for a hot second about 15 years ago (man I'm getting old)...

I've got a singer with a big karaoke collection I've got to please. For that, it looks like I'll have to keep the DVD player around a while more to handle the CDGs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:04 pm 
I just did a quick Google and found this, I don't know if it helps you though:

http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/523570/PyKaraoke.html

Quote:
PyKaraoke is a karaoke player for Linux and Windows. Features: CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G) playback - Play standard CDG karaoke files; MPEG playback - Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format; Playlist - Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy; Searchable song database - Easily find your songs from the main screen; Search inside ZIP files - Play MP3+G files wrapped in ZIP files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:02 am 
Girkers wrote:
http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/523570/PyKaraoke.html

Quote:
PyKaraoke is a karaoke player for Linux and Windows. Features: CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G) playback - Play standard CDG karaoke files; MPEG playback - Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format; Playlist - Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy; Searchable song database - Easily find your songs from the main screen; Search inside ZIP files - Play MP3+G files wrapped in ZIP files.

Nice! I'd have to rip a huge collection to create the CDG/MP3 files, but that'll definately do the trick. With any luck, I could reuse some of the file picker interfaces currently in Myth. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:34 pm 
From memory you should be able to use Mythvideo as I "think" please don't qoute me you can set which program to use on a per file basis.

Just looked it up and here is a quote from http://www.mythtv.info
Quote:
Per-file Configuration

You can also run specified files with a non-standard command. Under the MythVideo Video Manager, if you hit enter on a specific file, you are presented with the settings for that file. The categories here are fairly self explanatory, but in the Unique Player Command box at the bottom you can specify different parameters to launch the file with.

If your movie comes in two or more parts, you can specify the file you always want to play next under, er, File to Always Play Next. For example, if I'm editing "A Film Too Long CD1", I can shift left and right until I find "A Film Too Long CD2" and so on. This will give you seamless playback of your chosen flick.

Give it a go.