View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:27 am 
Using MythTV version 0.18 with an PVR250 and a HD3000, I find it interesting that some programs will record on both tuners at the same time. Here's an example: "Fire Me ... Please" is on tonight at 8PM on both Houston channels 11 KHOU (in NTSC) and 11_1 (111) KHOUDT (in HDTV) and have the identical title and description on both channels. When the recording settings are configured for "Record on Any Channel" and "Match Duplicates in Current and Previous Recordings", MythTV will record this program on BOTH channels, using both tuners, at the same time.

I can easily get around this by changing the recording settings to "Record on This Channel Only", but I'm curious why this is necessary for some programs and not for others that have identical recording settings. For most programs that are showing at the same time on analog & HDTV channels, MythTV will only record one of them and flag the other one as "Earlier Showing", but interestingly not for this one.

Could it have something to do with the "..." in this particular program name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:22 pm 
do all shows on that channel work that way or just some?

if all channels behave the same its probably because the station id is the same on both channels. I had this on mine for a while. If you look in the database there are two fields with the station id, so it could be the same yet not display the same.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:32 pm 
So far this is the only show I've seen recorded on two different channels at the same time. Other programs on the same station pair haven't done this so far. I checked the station callsigns, XMLID, etc, in the channel database and they are indeed different between the NTSC and HDTV stations, just the programming happens to be identical...

I guess this is more of a curiosity than anything else. I'd be interested if anyone else with both an analog & HD tuner card could schedule next-week's "Fire Me ... Please" episode using the same "record at any time on any channel", "check for duplicates", and "match duplicates using subtitle & description" options, and see if they get the same behavior (just look at "Upcoming Recordings").