View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:49 am 
This has been killing me for a long time now and i havnt found anything on the forums to help me.

for some reason everytime i use my remote which goes through lirc, mplayer and anything else such as the web interface loads behind mythtv which means i have to alt-tab to see it and pass any other remote commands through to it.

i think this happened when i switched from svideo out to rgb out hooking it up to the plasma and then changing the resolution and refresh rate. I cannot see however why this will cause problems with kde as i am sure that it is not mythtv causing the problem but rather the window manager not bringing the programs into focus.

--- edit ---
i forgot to mention if i dont use the remote and only the keyboard everything works fine but if i were to send any command through the remote then i would lose focus once again until i restart mythtv. looks like an irxevent problem actually.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Goran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm 
ok I've got more questions than answers.

what distrobution are you using? cause knoppmyth doesn't use kde. and knoppmyth by default doesn't load irxevent.

and it could well be an irxevent problem. any reason you are using irxevent? mplayer, xine, and mythtv all have native lirc support.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:51 pm 
im using suse 9.2. kde cant work at all since i have to alt tab for everything and gnome works fine except when i leave the myth browser.

i have tried various WM and so far only blackbox and enlightenment dont have focus issues.

this is most definately a irxevent problem since the focus issue only occures when i use the remote ( except for gnome ). im using irxevent because i thought that was lirc. in my .lircrc file i have the command irxevent and so on. is there another way not using irxevent? this could very well be the problem. what wm does knoppmyth use

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:21 am 
knoppmyth uses fluxbox. and yes there is another way to use lirc. you can search these forums for lircrc examples, I don't have access to my box right now, but the enteries have program mythv or program mplayer etc in them instead of using irxevent, that way the input goes directly to the program.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:11 am 
thanks, i will look into the lircrc example.

in the meantime i am using blackbox and will try fluxbox later, it seems that it is the irxevent not working properly with some window managers.

thanks
goran