View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:13 am 
Hi,

i installed LinHES 6 a couple of days ago and the only point that doesn't work is the conversion of dvds to avi...

i can only import them as a iso or a perfect rip, there's no option for a good, excellent or normal conversion...

Where can I enable this?

it is a clean install of R6, it's reproducable in a vm...

Regards,

Jan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:33 pm 
Hi Jan,

I noticed this with an earlier version of KM and deduced that the dvd transcode tables were cleared at some stage. It looks like it's happened again, so here is how I instructed people to fix it on R5.5:

Code:
wget -O - http://www.better-access.com/KM/dvd_transcode_tables.sql.gz|zcat|mysql -u root mythconverg

You will probably have to restart mtd but next time you try and rip a disc there should be a few more options available.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:16 pm 
This has been true for quite a while (the link below is 3 years old!), but I never did track down the underlying cause.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12044&highlight=

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:53 pm 
mlbuser wrote:
This has been true for quite a while (the link below is 3 years old!), but I never did track down the underlying cause.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12044&highlight=

Mark

The underlying cause is that someone left it out of an iso and it was never put back. I asked Cecil and he said there was no legal reason why it couldn't be put back, but I'm guilty there of assuming he had then done it.

I'll put it in as a flyspray task.

Mike

EDIT: http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=577

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 am 
Hi,

sorry for the late response, I'm working far away from my mythbox :(

The importet table doesn't solve my problem. I have the possibilities to use GOOD now, but the transcode-command /transcode -i /myth/video/xyz.vob -g 720x576 -M 1 -V -j 0,16,0,16 -B 5,0 -y divx5 -w 1618 -A -N 0x2000 -a 1 -o /myth/video/xyz.avi --print_status 20 --color 0) doesn't seem to fit. The options

Code:
--print_status 20

and

Code:
--color 0

as well as

Code:
-V

are wrong...

Does anybody have a working table for R6 to import for me?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:18 pm 
Lueddich wrote:
Does anybody have a working table for R6 to import for me?
Jan

http://www.better-access.com/KM/dvd_transcode_r6.sql.gz
Tables are dvdinput and dvdtranscode. Check them prior to importing.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:32 am 
Hi Mike,

thank you, I'll try that, when I#m @ home again... This would be at the end of january... :(

I'll report...

Regards,

Jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 am 
I setup a new VM using R6 and I can reproduce the error again. So I importet your tables, Mike, and still have errors :(

The transcode-command using GOOD as profile would be

Code:
transcode command will be: transcode -i /myth/tmp/Team America/vob/ -g 720x576 -M 1 -V -j 0,16,0,16 -B 5,0 -y divx5 -w 1618 -A -N 0x2000 -a 1 -o /myth/video/Team America.avi --print_status 20 --color 20

When only converting using mtd, the log sais everything went well, but there is no avi...

So I made a perfect import getting a vob-file and tried to transcode this one using

Code:
 transcode -i /myth/video/Team\ America.vob -g 720x576 -M 1 -V -j 0,16,0,16 -B 5,0 -y divx5 -w 1618 -A -N 0x2000 -a 1 -o /myth/video/Team\ America.avi --print_status 20 --color 0

I got the error

Code:
[transcode] critical: bad argument for -V/--video_format, should be one of: yuv420p (default), yuv422p, rgb24

Is this profile working on your machine?? What command is used for transcode?

Thank you!

Regards, Jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:18 am 
Lueddich wrote:
Code:
transcode command will be: transcode -i /myth/tmp/Team America/vob/ -g 720x576 -M 1 -V -j 0,16,0,16 -B 5,0 -y divx5 -w 1618 -A -N 0x2000 -a 1 -o /myth/video/Team America.avi --print_status 20 --color 20

Hi Jan,
Notice that the output file has a space in it. If you do an ls on /myth/video is there a file called "Team"?

Otherwise, were there any messages after this?

I'm just shooting in the dark here and have no real idea of what could be wrong: The tables I gave you are from an early R5, verbatim. I didn't make the commands up and don't really know what all the options mean. I just know that they work for me.

Regards

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:19 am 
Interesting point with those spaces, didn't see that before ;) But I have no other dvd with no spaces in the title, so i can not try that. This error, if it is one, is creating with taking the name of the dvd for the name of the temp directory and not inserting the \ for the spaces... I don't know if it is only a typo in mtd.log or if the command is really used without the \ between "Team" and "America"...

But even if I start a transcode-command myself at the shell using the right spaces (see my 2nd code) there are errors about bad arguments...

Those tables work for you on linhes 6? Could you copy a transcode-command out of mtd.log for me? Maybe, there is another resolution of the video...

Thank you!

Regards, Jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:14 pm 
Lueddich wrote:
Could you copy a transcode-command out of mtd.log for me? Maybe, there is another resolution of the video...

I'm just on my way out the door for about a week, so can't do this yet. If I were having the problem I'd look at the error logs that are produced by the offending entry and look at the man page for transcode (warning: It's quite long).

I don't do a lot of dvd transcodes and if one fails I'd just rip to perfect. If that fails I use dd to produce an iso. I do so few that it could well be that the transcode tables haven't worked at all on LinHES and I just haven't noticed.

Please do this and post your findings. If it's really failing I'll test it when I get back and confirm that it doesn't work. A flyspray entry would then be appropriate and you and I would pool our experiences and fix it. There *must* be someone else having the same problem as you. Maybe everyone just does what I do and ignores the errors.

Mike