View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:19 am 
I've got 3 MSI TV@Anywhere (saa7133) cards in my backend sever, and they had all been previously working properly when connected to the regular analog cable. I decided to try hooking a digital cable receiver (motorola dct2000) up to the first card, using the regular coax input, and got it working snazzy enough with the serial interface and contributed code to make myth switch it's channels. I thought I'd had everything working until I decided to try a recording with it. There's absolutely nothing that shows up for audio or video. It's black video w/nothing for audio. The recording sizes were all much smaller than usual for the times of programs recorded (a usual hour long show is configured to run around a gig in size, these recordings were running about 200mb for the same shows).

Everything on the myth backed is configured for the cable box properly, it switches the tuner to channel 3 to receive the signal. I got to looking around a bit at it, and realized that when I muted the card's audio with v4lctl I suddenly got my video back. No audio, of course since I'd just muted it, but video. As soon as I unmute the card it went back to the same no picture and sound as before. It doesn't appear to be a bad card, since I've tried it with all 3 and it's the same for each. When the sound is muted, for all intents and purposes it's functioning normally, all channel changing is handled properly by myth and files sizes run about what they're supposed to be. It's just with the unmute...

Any ideas on what could possibly be causing the audio and video dropout when the volume is unmuted, and video returning by muting?

On a separate note, I've been able to get the video composite input working on the saa7133 cards, but never been able to get composite audio. Anyone have and guesses on that one?