View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:58 am 
Hello to all. The installation of MythTV using KnoppMyth has been a fantastic experience. I'm very impressed with how easy it's been to get things going.

I am having a minor annoyance that I'd like to fix, though. The ATI Remote Wonder remote works pretty well after following the tips here:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13254&highlight=

The only problem is that the kernel module seems to make it almost too responsive, in that the "ok" button seems to repeat very quickly. Going through a menu, after hitting that button for the "Finish" item, it very quickly returns to the menu and goes right back into the menu I just finished.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I've searched google, these forums, and a few other sites; and seen various post about using lirc and such, but since this is a kernel module, I believe lirc isn't used—though I might be mistaken on that, it seems that Cecil recommended removing those modules—and in that case I'm not sure if these methods are outdated. Is .Xmodmap or something similar used so that I can control what I assume to be the "repeat" rate of the remote?

[EDIT]
By the way, I've tried using xev to figure out the keycode and then added:
Code:
[startup] {xset -r 36}

to the ~/.fluxbox/apps file, but that doesn't seem to stop the quick repeat. Perhaps I misunderstood how that worked, but I thought the xset command would stop the key from repeating. Maybe it's not a repeating problem, but when I press the "Enter" key on the keyboard, I have no such problems. Anyone else experienced this?