View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:04 pm 
I may have made a mistake by turning in my old DCT-2000 for a DCH-6200. I was hoping for better picture recording via firewire.

What I discovered is the TWC has disabled most channels in firewire. The RF output to my PVR-150 is good but I have no way to change channels as I could not find the infrared sensor. I had hoped for a way to at least use the firewire to change channels but the firewire connection bombs out when changed to a blocked channel. The 6200ch script does not recognize the DCH-6200, so no luck there either.

I was sitting here thinking that I am going to have to get an old box back when I decided to do a little trial and error testing with the remote. I found that covering the remote prevented channel change and establishing that the box is in fact infrared controlled. I next used my "infrared blocking device" (cardboard) on the front of the DCH-6200 until I localized the area that blocks channel change. I then attached my irblaster to that area and configured irblasterd to use the DCT-2000 code and it worked! :D

At least I am back in business until I can create a new whittled down source to use with the firewire connection channels that work. We shall see.