View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:20 am 
There was a bit of a problem here in Australia when DVICO quietly release a new revision of the aforementioned card that was not compatible with the current driver. The PCI card is simply two USB tuners with a bridge chip and when they change revisions, they changed tuners -link to card.

It has been a slow road but this is now a very bright light and it may look like the tunnel has come to an end, as I can now personally vouch that this card works, gets good signal quality. All the information that I have gained is from here.

These are the steps that I took to get it working in version KnoppMyth R5.5 (all steps done as root):
Code:
cd /tmp
apt-get install hg-buildpackage
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/cxusb
cd cxusb
make
make install

I then rebooted the computer and went into MythTV Setup and was able to add the tuners in the setup and get them working.

<edit>Did a new install of one of these cards and found that I didn't need the junk in here, so I removed it </edit>

I have found that the HD channels are jerky (low frame rate), all except SBS. I know my system can handle it as my Twinhan card works fine on all HD channels. I have run top whilst watching the jerky HD channels and found that the FE is only running at 55% so I am not sure what is wrong.

Looking forward to hearing others experience with this card.

Last edited by Girkers on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:36 am 
Bit of an update, I have been using the new cards a little bit more and found that if I record a HD channel when I watch it while it records it works fine, even whilst it is still recording. I have also watched it on a Windows box and it is fine.

So in all everything looks alright, I have a signal strength of 71% and BE of 0 so I don't know what might be causing the jerkiness on the FE. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 pm 
Did you get the remote functioning properly? Im trying to add support for the remote to R6. Im having trouble getting the udev rule to fire to get a symlink to the /dev/input/event* entry as is suggested by this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=616103

When I look in dmesg | grep IR, I always get two entries:
Code:
input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input6
input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 am 
In R5.5 I was having the problem in that the everytime you pushed a button it would record two presses, thus was entirely useless.

The system I am currently building is an R6 box and I have not tried the remote as I was just going to dump it for a StreamZap.