View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:13 pm 
I have been using my Hauppauge Nova-S plus card to capture dvb-s, but the card no longer sends diseqc commands to move the dish :( so I thought I could use the video/audio capture portion of the card to capture output of my dvb set top box (traxis 3500). That would be nice since I wouldn't have to buy another DVB-S card, and it would also let me watch a couple of my favorite channels which MythTV will just not scan in. Video was no problem, but I can't get any audio captured for the life of me.

I setup the card in the backend as a V4L capture card. Video in set to S-Video and the only choices I have for audio capture are "none" and /dev/dsp. I'm not sure what hardware I have that /dev/dsp is referring to, but I tried all the phyiscal inputs on my motherboard and the one input on the nova card, but got nothing.

I also double checked the alsamixer and made sure all my capture levels were cranked up. I also changed the capture devices (in alsamixer) from their default value of "front mic" to "line" and even "mixer", but still nothing.

Yikes, how can I capture the audio???

Mobo is an Asus M2N-E which has six onboard audio ports on the back. I believe KnoppMyth uses the Intel HDA driver for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:54 am 
Site Admin
Unless I'm mistaken, with DVB the audio and video are already muxed in the stream.