View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:51 pm 
I've searched through several 'remote' threads and haven't found a similar situation.

My problem is when I'm watching a recording (HD or SD) or a DVD or a video file the remote control will stop responding for 10-30 seconds. It seems completely random and I know that the receiver is still receiving them first because the video will keep playing as as normal and then all the sudden, all of the commands I sent (forward, reverse, exit, pause, etc.) will happen. Second, I can visually see on my IR Receiver the light blinking when I push a button.

It's almost like it's caching the commands and then when it unfreezes it dumps all them out at once. Then after that, it might work normal for an hour or it might happen again in 10 minutes.

The other thing is I had this same thing happen on Mythbuntu with the Hauppauge PVR-150 IR Receiver. When I switched back to Knoppmyth I changed to the Microsoft USB IR Receiver. Same results.

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm 
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/347546#347546

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:56 pm 
Thanks for the link. From the bit that I've read this is EXACTLY what's happening. I've got plenty of reading to do and I'll report back if/when I get it fixed!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 pm 
entourage wrote:
Thanks for the link. From the bit that I've read this is EXACTLY what's happening. I've got plenty of reading to do and I'll report back if/when I get it fixed!

Thanks!

I've seen this as well of late. Please report what you find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:57 pm 
Well, after much reading, what do I have to show for it....not much.

The last post of the link sums it up nicely:
Quote:
the end of the thread from June introduced some confusion, and the recent replies have confirmed for me that a hard and fast solution is not yet known.

There is a patch (SVN, I believe) that can be compiled and applied although I have to agree:
Quote:
In terms of the patch itself, I'd be interested in trying it out, but frankly I'm not sure how to apply it. Since it's a .c file, I assume that means I would need to compile something? Yeah, I'm out of my element here (I run myth based off of repositories for a reason...).

Here's the link to the info on the patch if someone else is more versed than I am: http://www.mediafire.com/?tazzbiyy2mi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm 
entourage wrote:
Here's the link to the info on the patch if someone else is more versed than I am: http://www.mediafire.com/?tazzbiyy2mi

Download it, untar it and read the README. Looking at it now, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm 
mihanson wrote:
Download it, untar it and read the README. Looking at it now, it's pretty self-explanatory.

FWIW, my better half called me to tell me I broke the TV after doing this. So, it did not work for me. I'm using the mythtv-vdpau package on my frontends. YMMV. Thank goodness for saving the old file first. ;)