View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:13 pm 
Hello All:

I am curious if anyone is using CommandIR II in combination with LinHES R6.X? I built a new R6.X machine this past June and have had a lot of intermittent issues.

1) Missed key presses from input remote
2) Unable to address more then two output devices after reboot (the particular set of devices addressable will change from one boot to the next)
3) Require a USB Hub. I must plug the CommandIR device into the hub for it to work as it won't work at all when plugged in directly to my motherboard.

I get the impression that I may be the only one using CommandIR with R6. I was wondering if anyone had a different experience then me? I still hope to get this working and am contemplating building the latest LIRC drivers from source.

BR

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm 
Hi Mark,

I do not use a commandIR, I use a similar product (IguanaIR USB) to change the channels. I have been having similar that you are having. I was event thinking of switching to the CommandIR if it was working with R6.

It seems like my USB addresses change (when the device is plugged directly into the USB ports on my motherboard). I will try the USB hub like you guys with the commandIR's are doing and see if I get an improvement there. Anyways, I am starting to think it may have something to do more with the version of LIRC or the USB drivers with ARCH.

Some of my symptoms are:
Missed key presses (10 % of the time)
Can not receiver or blast if machine runs for more than 24 hours
(the IguanaIR only has 2 outputs, so I can not say about addressing more than 2 devices).

Good luck, I hope you get it going. I may try rebuilding LIRC from source (if I get a chance here).

Asus M2NPV-VM - 1GB RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk - StreamZap
Frontend_2
Dragon 1.0 w/ 2G RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk StreamZap