View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 pm 
I had to install lirc 0.8.6 from source to get my antec imon LCD working on R6. I followed the directions in this post:

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20749

The only problem, is that now my hauppauge pvr150 blaster no longer works. This is because the lirc 0.8.6 source did not come with a lirc_pvr150 module.

I've done some searching on forums for other distros and I see that some people were able to obtain a patch for lirc that builds a module called lirc_zilog that controls the pvr_150 IR blaster. I found copy of this patch, but using the instructions I found, I cannot get the patch to work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I can't be the only one with a R6 + pvr150 + imon LCd display.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:13 pm 
Ok, I found the maintainer of lirc_zilog's source repository.

http://git.wilsonet.com/linux-2.6-lirc.git/?a=history;f=drivers/input/lirc/lirc_zilog.c

I had to grab the 2009-06-15 version of the source to work with my 2.6.28 kernel. The commits after 6-15 only compile with 2.6.31 or newer kernels.

I was able to compile it along with the lirc 0.6.8 source. I disabled the RX code (IR transmitter) and left the TX part enabled (IR blaster).

Now I have the lirc_zilog module and am able to use it to change channels with my IR blaster. YAY!