View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:03 pm 
Upgraded from 6.04 to 7.1 today and I can't get the remote to work. I see the following error:
Code:
Starting lirc
find: '/sys/class/rc/*/': No such file or directory

The remote works with irw so the commands are getting received by the box. The frontend just doesn't respond to the remote.

I'm using a Harmony One remote configured as my previous Radio Shack remote with a PVR-250 as the IR receiver. I have them configured correctly in the Service Menu and have tried removing/changing the configuration and then setting it back correctly to see if that would get it working.

Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Steve

FE: iMac 27"
HDHomeRun Prime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 am 
Not sure what that error is about, but when I upgraded my remote wouldn't control the frontend but worked in irw. I have a serial ir receiver but the symptoms sound the same. Seems to be some changes to lirc.

Service Menu -> Mythtv Configuration -> Setup -> General -> Page 9(last page) Change 'lirc daemon socket' to read '/var/run/lirc/lircd' Restart mythfrontend.

Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 pm 
Thanks Goofee. Sorry for the slow response. Making the change you mention did get some response from my remote in Myth. Only the arrow and select keys seemed to work and they all produced double responses. So I'm still researching as much as I can to figure this out.

I'm trying to figure out if we should be using lirc_i2c or ir-kbd-i2c. So if anyone has any ideas about that, please chime in.

Also, I've always used my PVR-250's IR receiver but I also have an HD-PVR attached to my primary machine and I've read a little about conflicts there. Does anyone know how to disable the IR receiver on the HD-PVR as I think it is what is causing problems with my HD-PVR no longer recording more than about 10-12 minutes of anything in HD. It always quits recording after about that time and I have to power cycle it for it to work again. It was very reliable recording in R6.03-04 (not so good in Live TV mode). But in R7.1 it doesn't work very well at all.

Thanks so much for any more ideas.

FE: iMac 27"
HDHomeRun Prime