View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Ninja Update?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:11 pm 
I went through LinHES Settings today to enable something in the "Add/Remove Programs"? menu. After I completed it I noticed that it took quite a while to complete the update. I went to mythweb a few minutes ago and it was having some version mismatch issues with the database. So I rebooted and now many of the mythweb pages will not load.

So I did a
Code:
sudo pacman -Q | grep myth
and it returned
Code:
mythappletrailers 0.04.3-46
mytharchive 0.25-19
mythbrowser 0.25-19
mythdb-initial 8-2
mythgallery 0.25-19
mythgame 0.25-19
mythinstall 3-80
mythmusic 0.25-19
mythnetvision 0.27-7
mythnews 0.27-7
mythtv 0.27-7
mythweather 0.27-7
mythweb 0.25-9

It appears some of the packages were magically updated while others were not. I see that R8.1 just came out last night but I thought all of my settings were to not automatically update anything. I am about to perform a
Code:
sudo pacman -Syu
to just update the entire thing and see if it will fix my issues, but I just wanted to post this word of warning in case anybody else is about to make any changes to LinHES setup. Be sure to perform a backup first (I did not).

Post subject: Re: Ninja Update?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:40 pm 
Things seem to be back to normal after completing the system update. It's my own fault for not performing a backup first, but I didn't think it was necessary since I was just turning on one package in LinHES setup. I actually thought about installing it with pacman manually but didn't want to get up off the couch. I guess I should double-check my auto-update settings, too.

Post subject: Re: Ninja Update?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:27 am 
On R8 backups are done daily automatically unless your system is busy or off. Look at /data/storage/disk0/backup/system_backups

What probably happened is the Add/Remove screen was out of sync with what was actually installed on the system. This can happen if you install/uninstall something manually from the cmd line using pacman. So when you enabled the new program it also thought that one of the myth plugins needed to be installed. Since the repos have been updated to .27 it pulled the latest version of the plugin which also requires mythtv .27.