View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R8.1 Upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 am 
One of my frontend's started to act up this evening so I decided to try the upgrade from R8.02. I didn't realize the update was quite a change (Myth 27), As I got into it I decided to just wipe out my ssd and reload the frontend from scratch. Had a little trouble getting a good cd but once past that the install was straightforward. Once the machine was finished I noticed that my frontend would not come up. I manually kicked it off and got a message that schema on the backend was too old. So I knew I had to also do the MasterBE/FE. On the Master box I just did did it through
Code:
Pacman -Syu
and it updated Linhes/Myth/Xbmc/Google-Chrome without a hitch.

The frontend was a little more work. I had to configure sound for my Logitech Z5 USB Speakers in Myth Setup, Alsamixer. and Xbmc. When I updated Xbmc I got an old error about duplicate file and just deleted it and reinstalled the package. Once inside XBMC I had work through and XBMC error 2 when trying to connect my shares. I installed samba and configured the workgroup name but this did not fix it. Finally on google it was suggested to manually map the share and this works :D

Thoughts

Do the upgrade via pacman and it a lot less work. So far I like the new theme for Linhes, Now my frontend boots faster than ever and shuts down clean no sql messages.

Thanks for the upgrade to 27 much appreciated