View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 am 
I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem and would like to pass a parameter to mythfrontend to help troubleshoot. However, I can't seem to find where the mythfrontend command is actually given. I don't see it in /etc/sv/frontend/run, but that led me to look in /usr/LH/bin/LinHES-start. That also doesn't have a frontend command, but led me to /etc/X11/Sessions/LinHES. That file has a mythfrontend command in it, but when I changed the parameters in MYTH_ARGS=, it had no effect. I restarted frontend and even rebooted, but when I look at the process it's using the default argument "-d --syslog local6"

I also found /usr/LH/bin/mythfrontend-start and changed the startup arguments in there. Same result, the frontend starts itself with the default parameters.

I've been using grep -Ril "mythfrontend" on various directories to see where else the real startup command might be, but I haven't found it yet.

BL: Can someone tell me the proper location to insert a mythfrontend parameter?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:19 am 
As is often the case, posting here made me almost immediately find the answer. I remembered I didn't reboot after changing the /etc/X11/Sessions/LinHES file. I only restarted the frontend. Since the arguments are apparently passed when x is started, it wasn't looking up the new arguments when I exited frontend to let it auto-restart.

Now I have the mythfrontend argument I wanted to try. Back to that thread to see if it worked :P