View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 pm 
Another easy upgrade Thanks!

After upgrading to R8.3, I see some changes in the logs around maintenance and have a few questions:

1. I see that maintenance is now running on each of the SBEs in the network, one of the things it is doing is Optimizing the database, is this going back to the Master BE and optimizing the DB, or is there a copy on the SBE that is being optimized?

2. On my Master BE, the backup is about 1/2 the size of the backups prior to the upgrade, not being a linux guru, my diff and comp skills are very limited. So is it normal for the backups to vary this greatly after the backup, or do I need to do more investigation to see what may be missing?

I'm sorry if I've missed a write up on any new changes in how maintenance is running in 8.3, feel free to point me in the right direction!

Thanks.
Bruce.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:25 pm 
Quote:
1. I see that maintenance is now running on each of the SBEs in the network, one of the things it is doing is Optimizing the database, is this going back to the Master BE and optimizing the DB, or is there a copy on the SBE that is being optimized?
myth_mtc was always run on each host it is just now that you get a separate log file for each host as we are using rsyslog to log myth_mtc. The db that is targeted for optimization is the db that is defined in mythtv-setup.

Quote:
2. On my Master BE, the backup is about 1/2 the size of the backups prior to the upgrade, not being a linux guru, my diff and comp skills are very limited. So is it normal for the backups to vary this greatly after the backup, or do I need to do more investigation to see what may be missing?
There were some cache and temp dirs that the backup script now excludes and that did reduce the size of the backups quite a bit. See: http://cgit.linhes.org/linhes_pkgbuild/ ... 7c6b7c94fe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:11 pm 
Thanks!

Just so I understand:
brfransen wrote:
Quote:
The db that is targeted for optimization is the db that is defined in mythtv-setup.

Means that, in my case (1 MBE, 3 SBE) the database gets optimized 4 times each night?

Thanks again!
Bruce.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:14 pm 
bgrant3406 wrote:
Means that, in my case (1 MBE, 3 SBE) the database gets optimized 4 times each night?
If all your SBE's use the mysql server on the MBE, then yes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:17 pm 
Thanks!