View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:59 am 
hardware:
intel core i3, 8GB ram, 1x 16 GB SSD(os), 2x 3 TB WD RED HDDS (data)
nvidia video card 1x HDMI 1x DVI(connected to TV): as the onboard HDMI don't work out of the box with sound and the video scale is incorrect. about 6" black around myth screen
Microsoft media center remote and receiver.
57" makesyoubitchie DLP HDTV, 1x DVI, 2x HDMI ,4x component video in.
Pioneer HDMI AV control amplifier.

Software:
R8.3
setuptools
git
tvnamer (only software installed not in pacman)

Could be my bad memory but I have been seeing more and more issues with metadata getting movies data completely wrong. I remember back with r7 using bigb's mythvideo-scanner and having little issues with it ever getting the wrong data. but since those glory days of linhes I feel that linhes is missing the mark and some times the broad side of the barn also when it comes to the idea:
"The goal of this project is to make creating and maintaining a Home Theater PC as simple as possible."
and
"We feel the product should work like an appliance and not require alot of upkeep, while still allowing expansion and customization"

Sorrie but LINHES is a love hate relationship with me..
love it when it works, Hate it when it don't.

How does the script take 2 names copied directly from IMDB:

The Fog (1980).avi
The Fog (2005).avi

and come up with:

The Con
Press info on the video and "Fight for the win or throw the fight to make some extra cash in this PSP fighting game. pops up???? WTH

of which a general search did not find anything close to this on IMDB, R8.2 grabber pulled some Japanese cartoon...
so what ever is goofy is in the IMDB or the database, because all the movies I have on my system are named using the IMDB website

The biggest part of my system storage is TV shows, they, when named using TVNAMER all get correct metadata....

Issue #2

is there a place that is simple to check/change where the OSD position is, on my equiptment for all the r8 versions it displays on the right edge of the screen and only the first words are visible.

Sorry if my frustration is coming through, bit after 3 reinstalls MBE/FE after a failed 8.2 -> 8.3 upgrade left system unusable... I am sick and tired of Linux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:30 am 
For the movie metadata I assume you are referring to the MythTV Videos section. The default source MythTV uses is not IMDB but themoviedb.org. I have seen some of the same oddness in the last few months with this as well but since there haven't been many changes to the tmdb grabber I think it may be themoviedb.org not returning correct results. One thing I have found that does sometimes help is to open Video Options (mapped to I by default) -> Change Video Details -> Reset Details. Also make sure that Disable Updates is in the Change Video Details menu or select Allow Updates. Then retrieve details again.

The OSD by default should always be centered. It could be that your systems is detecting 2 monitors and spanning the desktops which the OSD would then center. What nVidia card and what driver is installed? You can run nvidia-settings to see how many monitors are detected, what card and driver you are using.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:04 pm 
Thank you for the reply and suggestions for the video.... you nailed that on, I guess when I set up the new hardware I was experimenting with using the HDMI of the video card going to the AV and from the amp to the TV, but I was having issues with the HDMI giving me 4" of black borders from extreme under scan, and since this was the audio connection I left it and hooked up the DVI cable from the computer to the TV. after reading your insight, I tried one last cable swap. I used a HDMI to DVI and hooked the amp to the TV. under scan no more and OSD where it belongs.

Thank you.

as for the GRABBER issues.... I did not know the data was coming from another source.... thanks also for that info. although I guess if I'd slowed down on the installs I would have seen it in the menus....
I guess it is my fault for having a weird setup, I install to a 16GB SSD and all media is on 2 other HDDs. so when I do an upgrade or fresh install I just run the add_storage.py --no_destruction script... and there lies my trouble I bet. Before R8 I would install and just add symbolic links to the video folders and every time I upgraded and reinstalled it was always a fresh database.
I ended up moving all the media to my backup drives and re-ran the script and let it format and re-create the file system, then copied just the videos back. once I re-scanned , everything started filling in with the correct info.

It took several weeks to move and straiten out, but I have had a DVR type system since windows media center came out, I'm a packrat for video, 2x 3TB drives and counting. (I know its nothing compared to some of the movie pirates out there)

Thank you again.

Now for the front end only issues,
new thread for that one....