LinHES Forums
http://forum.linhes.org/

Listing problem after migration to 8.5.2 - RESOLVED
http://forum.linhes.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24793
Page 1 of 1

Author:  nbdwt73 [ Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Listing problem after migration to 8.5.2 - RESOLVED

I am having a problem that I have been chasing for weeks... Here is the background...

I moved from 8.5.1 to 8.5.2 - everything working well as always except I began noticing that I was getting some very strange recording results. Specifically... on what looks like random times, my listings for NBC shows the same information for what is on CBS. Example at 9:30 on Thursday October 4th on CBS is Murphy Brown. The NBC channel also shows Murphy Brown and is set to record (both are) when in fact NBC 9:30 is actually "I Feel Bad" which is not meant to record. This is totally random but... for example all the NCIS shows scheduled to record on CBS also show up on the NBC listing and will also record - of course the NBC recording will be whatever is actually on the station but it will say it is whatever is on CBS.

I have asked Schedules Direct if there is an issue (of course not); I have truncated all 3 program tables and reloaded via mythfilldatabase - the schedule then is corrected but reverts at some time in the future ( usually within 24 hours). I have also tried re-installed 8.5.2 from scratch BUT of course restored database from backup... I do not know where else to look... Any direction appreciated...

Author:  nbdwt73 [ Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Listing problem after migration to 8.5.2

This problem seems to be getting more frequent and it only seems to affect NBC and CBS. See attached pictures... Notice that the channel 36.1 is either missing the show title or has the title of the show actually on the channel at the time but under the wrong show name (the NCIS "Every Last Minute" is actually "New Amsterdam"...)

Attachments:
image1.jpg
image1.jpg [ 70 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]
image2.jpg
image2.jpg [ 67.82 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

Author:  brfransen [ Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Listing problem after migration to 8.5.2

Double check that your xml ids for the channels are correct. Make sure that all your tuners have Active EIT scan off and that On Air Guide is not selected for any channels. The Active EIT and On Air Guide settings shouldn't matter if there is an xml id.

Author:  nbdwt73 [ Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Listing problem after migration to 8.5.2

Thanks. I had checked the XMLIDs for all channels against Schedules Direct and all good. However, I did not check to see if the over-the-air was on because I always assumed that the data was from Schedules Direct (via xmlid) and therefor was always correct regardless of that setting. I just confirmed that the over-the-air update was on for all channels (as was EID for all tuners) so I turned it off, truncated the programs tables and reran mythfilldatabase. All looks good at the moment - will check again tonight.

Author:  nbdwt73 [ Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Listing problem after migration to 8.5.2

Well, it has been several days with no more problems so thanks to brfransen this issue is closed.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/