View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:48 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Lexington, Ky
As a lot of areas, several TV stations changed channel and we had to re-scan the TV's tuner to get the new channel info. Even though the stations ID stayed the same ( NBC 18-1 ) the frequency's changed.

Now I need to re-scan my HDHomeRun and HD3000 after I run the scan it want to insert the "NEW" information but then complains that the channels already exist and wants me to give them new channel numbers.

What is the best way to get around this without deleting capture card and then having to redo all of the Channel icon's etc?

Surely someone had done this already. Any suggestions?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:45 am 
Offline
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:08 pm
Posts: 111
here is a thread that i contributed to earlier this summer when the "repack" hit my area of the country

http://forums.linhes.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24845

this thread deals with changing to the json grabber, which will have to be done when mythtv drops support of the data direct method in version .31

essentially, you have to delete your channel lineup on mythtv and re-add it. its a pain, but you will be killing two birds with one stone...switching to json grabber and getting your channels rescanned

_________________
DH87MC i7-4770 16GB ram Xonar Essence ST geforce 710 LinHes 8.6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:48 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Lexington, Ky
I ended up just biting the bullet and deleted the line up, doing a channel scan then adding the lineup back to the adapter. After running mythfilldatabase I got no program information.

After trying different things I could still not get the database to update the program information. I finally went to the mythweb/settings and all of the channel information was there but the xmltvid's were totally blank for every channel.

Something must be wrong not to get the xmltvid's to populate with the rest of the channel information.
I ended up having to manually put in the xmltvid's for each channel.

Of course after adding the xmltvid's and running mythfilldatabase the program information populated normally.


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu