View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:30 am 
Hi all

LinHES newbie here....

I arrived here after finding out that KnoppMyth is now Arch Linux based. I currently have a 64-bit Arch Linux install I am having a bugger of a time installing things on, I suspect because of the low level stuff required to get things running. For example, the Shepherd grabber used here in Aus caused me no end of pain.

Anyway, I went off and bought another hard drive as I found that LinHES wouldn't allow me to use my previous install as a starting point (on sda). So I went ahead and installed the system on a shiny new HDD, located in my system at sdd, and the install took between 15 and 30 minutes.

When I rebooted though I was greeted with 2 lines only - boot0: GPT and boot0: Error. Obviously a freshly installed LinHES doesn't like playing with already installed system.

So I am here looking for anyone knowledgeable in fixing the above error so I can actually trial LinHES to see if I can build a system that mirrors my Arch 64 install but with Shepherd actually working :)

BTW< disconnecting the HDD with LinHES installed on it does not allow me to boot into my old install, the wife is NOT going to be happy that I have royally screwed up the system. I hope some understanding soul can help me get this machine running again as soon as possible.

Cheers
Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:43 pm 
http://gag.sourceforge.net/
You could try and install this boot manager it kinda sounds like the boot sector is bad. Just my elementarily educated guess.