View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm 
I have 6.03 running well on my BE/FE and I am trying to get a new FE up and running. Pulled out the old 6.03 CD and loaded it up but it errors at startup telling me that I have a Network protocol mismatch. Looking at my mythfrontend.log says
Protocol version mismatch
Frontend=56
Backend=23056

Is there a typo somewhere? I really dont want to upgrade to .24 fixes becuase I have heard a lot of troubles with the HDPVR in that version.

Any way to get my new frontend running with .23 fixes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:31 pm 
Stan,

I have a 6.02 version running with the forced compile to get my new version HDPVR running, and have been reticent to mess with it further, (sleeping dogs lie, & all that.... :lol:

I have 7.00.02 with latest pacman updates running on three machines, all of which normally get their content from HDHRs....
I tested the HDPVR on one of them, and it shows up in the 'card setup' page... it just doesn't operate...

Not sure there's a good solution yet ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:35 am 
Yup, thats the problem. Back in the good old days when Myth was less reliable it seemed more acceptable to try some experiments and upgrades. Now that it runs without a hitch and has become part of the family, I fear the idea of breaking it for a weeks time.

What I really need is a full backup of everything (not just database) except the media (recordings/video/music/etc) that would allow me to roll back to exactly the way the system is today. Perhaps there is a script to do that already and put a packed version of everything in the /myth partition.

In any case, I am not sure why using the same CD would result in two different protocols. I am thinking that protocol 56 and protocol 23056 are actually the same but with different names. I am going to try and do a full BE/FE install on the new box and back it into being a FE only to see if that gives the right protocol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 am 
I think your backend must have been upgraded at some point. I remember running into that as well. Your backend is probably 23.1 and your frontend is 23 off the cd.

I'm running 24 now but you should be able to check the versions with
Code:
mythfrontend --version
mythbackend --version

on your backend run
Code:
 pacman -Qo /usr/bin/mythfrontend
/usr/bin/mythfrontend is owned by mythtv 0.24-6
to find out what mythtv package you have installed. Then you should be able to look in /data/var/cache/pacman/pkg/ and find a copy of that package. Copy it to your new frontend machine and install it with
Code:
pacman -U package/name

That should get your new front end to the same place as you backend. You may have to upgrade some other packages as well, but pacman should give you hints about that.
Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:15 pm 
goofee you da man! Not sure when I upgraded to 23.1 but in any case your instructions were dead on.

Thanks