View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 am 
There are a number of tales of woe about remote problems after upgrading to R7.1 so I though I would share how I got mine sorted. This was cobbled together from tidbits of many posts, thanks to the original authors as there's little of my own work here!

Basically lirc was looking for /dev/usb/dvicoIR but that didn't exist. There was however a /dev/usb/hiddev0 which I didn't at first realise was the remote.

What I ended up doing was first changing the lirc socket from "/dev/lircd" to "/var/run/lirc/lircd" in just about the last page of MythTV general setup.

Then I edited /etc/sv/lircd/run and at about line 132 changed "/dev/usb/dvicoIR" to "/dev/usb/hiddev0"

sv restart lircd and the remote works!

There's probably a better way of fixing things than directly editing /etc/sv/lircd/run but for now it's good enough.

Hope this helps someone else,

Scotty.

LinHES 7.1, Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI m/b, Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 3Gb RAM, 80GB PATA (/ & /myth), 2TB SATA (/myth/tv), Gigabyte 8600GT component-out, 2x Dvico HDTV DVB-T Lite, 1x Hauppage HVR-2200 PCIe Dual, Harmony remote with Dvico IR receiver.

Last edited by shade4 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 pm 
Somewhere along the line the udev rule for /dev/usb/dvicoIR got removed from the lirc package. I have added back the udev rule for dvicoIR to the udev package.

Modifying the lircd run script will work until the runit scripts are updated and then your changes will be overwritten. Or if udev decides on boot to put your remote somewhere other than /dev/usb/hiddev0.