View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: mpd to the repositories
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:54 am 
I'd like to have some feedback on my feature request #931 (http://linhes.org/issues/931) regarding the mpd. I wrote my request almost two months ago, but I seem to be the only person to care for it.

Could someone, please, comment on the issue?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:14 pm 
mikavir wrote:
I'd like to have some feedback on my feature request #931 (http://linhes.org/issues/931) regarding the mpd. I wrote my request almost two months ago, but I seem to be the only person to care for it.

Could someone, please, comment on the issue?

Remember that LH != Arch so you shouldn't attempt to use an Arch package on LH. The dev team might be too busy with other activities to do this; are you able to adapt the Arch PKGBUILD to LinHES yourself and submit the fully functional PKGBUILD to your feature request?

EDIT: Upon inspecting the Arch PKGBUILD, I do not see any versioned dependency on anything; assuming all the deps are in the LH repos, the Arch package might build on your LH box just fine. I do not know if R8 uses systemd or not...

EDIT2: No, R8 uses runit and it looks like jack and libmms are not in the LH repos... even disabling a number of features in the ARCH PKGBUILD, there are likely going to be compatibility issues. I was able to build mpd, but am unclear on how sane everything is under R8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:53 am 
Thank you graysky! I know that LinHES differs from Arch, but installing from there was an easy test.

My time is nowadays so limited that I really wouldn't want to start learning the PKGBUILD process, especially, when you tell me there are complications... It is not that I wouldn't want to learn all about that, but I have to prioritize my other life :) That is why I put it as a request. It has been working in R6 (Bug #402), and in 7.X, and our family has gotten used to it. It broke, when I upgraded to R8 for other reasons (Hauppauge PCTV Nanostick T2 HD tuner).

mpd truly adds value to LH, since the music section of MythTV is not the best part of it. Actually it is so clumsy that we are not using our (vast) music collection with it. I'd like to state once again that mpd (in conjunction with MPoD/MPaD for iOS) makes the use of the music library very easy -and very cool!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:31 am 
It is a great piece of software, indeed. You'll have to wait for the devs to add, add it yourself, or switch distros.