View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:09 am 
Hi, I need help figuring out what I've done (or not) this time. :)

I have the ESC key mapped to show the EXITPROMPT in key-mappings, I also have modified the mainmenu.xml file in /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu to mirror what we have used for the last 4+ years (copied below just in case).

The issue I'm running into is that after upgrading to Revision v0.27.4-19-g65d92fd and modifying the mainmenu.xml file, the ESC key will no longer bring up the "Do you really want to exit MythTV?" menu. This did work in Revision v0.27.4-4-gb305eb5 and worked in 8.1 previously using the modified mainmenu.xml file. The menu key will pull up the System Menu as normal.

What was interesting is that using the default mainmenu.xml the ESC key worked. Once I modified the file and then used the Service menu "check for upgrades" to refresh the mainmenu, the ESC key would no longer bring up the "Do you really want to exit MythTV?" prompt.

I upgraded one frontend and copied an older version of the mainmenu.xml file over the default version, on a second frontend I edited (using nano) the file. Same results in both cases. On the next frontend I will keep a copy of the default file to test with (to go back and forth between default and modified) to see if the ESC key function will return if I use the default file after using the modified file.

Before I do that does anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on?

Thanks.
Bruce.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>                                                                                                       
<mythmenu name="MAIN">                                                                                                                         

<button>                                                                                                                                   
        <type>TV_WATCH_TV</type>                                                                                                               
        <text>Watch TV</text>                                                                                                                 
        <description>Watch live television</description>                                                                                       
        <action>TV_WATCH_LIVE</action>                                                                                                         
    </button>                                                                                                                                 

<button>                                                                                                                                   
        <type>MENU_MEDIA_LIBRARY</type>                                                                                                       
        <text>Media Library</text>                                                                                                             
        <action>MENU library.xml</action>                                                                                                     
        <description>Play any of your media</description>                                                                                     
    </button>                                                                                                                                 

<button>                                                                                                                                   
        <type>MENU_MANAGE_RECORDINGS</type>                                                                                                   
        <text>Manage Recordings</text>                                                                                                         
        <description>Pick and prioritize recordings</description>                                                                             
        <action>MENU manage_recordings.xml</action>                                                                                           
    </button>                                                                                                                                 

<button>                                                                                                                                   
        <type>MENU_INFO_CENTER</type>                                                                                                         
        <text>Information Center</text>                                                                                                       
        <description>Information and Communications</description>                                                                             
        <action>MENU info_menu.xml</action>                                                                                                   
    </button>                                                                                                                                 

<button>                                                                                                                                   
        <type>MENU_OPTICAL_DISKS</type>                                                                                                       
        <text>Optical Disks</text>                                                                                                             
        <description>Play or import Blu-ray, DVD, and CDs</description>                                                                       
        <action>MENU optical_menu.xml</action>                                                                                                 
    </button>                                                                                                                                 

<button>                                                                                                                                   
        <type>MENU_UTILITIES_SETUP</type>                                                                                                     
        <text>Service Menu</text>                                                                                                             
        <description>Configure your system</description>                                                                                       
        <action>MENU linhes.xml</action>                                                                                                       
        <password>SetupPinCode</password>                                                                                                     
    </button>                                                                                                                                 

</mythmenu>     

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:43 am 
bgrant3406 wrote:
Once I modified the file and then used the Service menu "check for upgrades" to refresh the mainmenu, the ESC key would no longer bring up the "Do you really want to exit MythTV?" prompt.
The command the Check for Updates script uses to refresh the mainmenu seems to affect the ESC key sometimes. I have seen it here but it isn't 100% reproducible for me. If you kill mythfrontend from the xterm or ssh (killall mythfrontend) the ESC key for the exitprompts starts working here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:01 pm 
Thanks Britney! I ssh'd into the box and did a killall mythfrontend and the ESC key began to function as before.

Adding this to my "don't forget notes" :)

Thanks again!
Bruce.