View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 pm 
Looks like the boot flags are set correctly.

Interestingly, I used all the defaults in the install script and see some differences (ext3 vs ext4) and the partition size for partition 3.

Here is what mine looks like (3TB hdd):
Code:
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.                                                                                 
(parted) p                                                                                                                                     
Model: ATA WDC WD30EZRX-00M (scsi)                                                                                                             
Disk /dev/sda: 3001GB                                                                                                                         
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B                                                                                                     
Partition Table: gpt                                                                                                                           
Disk Flags: pmbr_boot                                                                                                                         

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Name  Flags                                                                                   
 1      1049kB  5001MB  5000MB  ext3                  boot                                                                                     
 2      5001MB  8949MB  3948MB  linux-swap(v1)                                                                                                 
 3      8949MB  8949MB  453kB                                                                                                                 
 4      8950MB  8952MB  2097kB                        bios_grub                                                                               
 5      8953MB  12.0GB  3000MB  ext3                                                                                                           
 6      12.0GB  14.0GB  2001MB  ext3                                                                                                           
 7      14.0GB  3001GB  2987GB  xfs                                                                                                           

(parted)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 am 
Hi meAgain,

Thanks to share your solution how to make a "USB Flash Drive" to boot up LinHES on this ASUS AM1 mainboard!
( Your hit on page 1, posting 11)

I have the same problem with a fresh installition of LinHES 8.3

This is my hardware configuration:
Code:
- ASUS AM1M-A AM1 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
  (latest UEFI version "1001")
- AMD Athlon 5350 Kabini Quad-Core 2.05GHz Socket AM1 25W Desktop Processor
   AMD Radeon HD 8400 AD5350JAHMBOX
- G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
  Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR   
- ZOTAC ZT-60415-20L GeForce GT 630 ZONE Edition 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
   HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
- SAMSUNG 64GB SSD

I can boot up the LinHES 8.3 installation USB, install a "frontend only" setup without any error messages,
but after reboot the system go to the UEFI-Setup (no boot device)
If I move this new installed SSD in other pc (F2 85-M Pro) with the same UEFI Setting, the frontend boot up!!

I think there ist a bug in the UFEI-Setup of ASUS AM1M-A, that you cannot boot in "Legacy OpROM Mode"
from a hard disk, but boot in "Legacy OpROM Mode" from a "USB Flash Drive" is ok.

My UFEI Settings are:
Code:
 Option Boot Configuration:
Fast Boot: Disable

Boot\CSM
Launch CSM: Enabled
Boot Device Control: Legacy OpROM only
Boot from Storage Device: Legacy OpROM only

Boot\Secure Boot menu
OS Type:Other OS

The following is for information only
1) Boot the system with the installation USB and select "Boot OS" do not work
2) With this ASUS AM1M-A I can make a UEFI Installation with Ubuntu ( ubuntu-14.10-desktop-amd64.iso)
and the system boot up.
3) LinHES do not use UEFI, I think only GPT and grub2
4) If you like, you can see screenshot of my UEFI setting
5) This configuration ist a very fast frontend, I can watch 720p and 1080i recording without any problems
6) Hope, that ASUS fix this in a update of the UEFI

Thanks and Regards Lutz

Attachments
01Overview.jpg
01Overview.jpg [ 99.4 KiB | Viewed 3296 times ]
Frontend.jpg
Frontend.jpg [ 132.31 KiB | Viewed 3307 times ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2