View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 pm 
Hello,

I am on a fresh install of LinHES 8.4 and unable to create a bookmark in Information Center --> Web. Nothing happens after I press 'm' for menu, highlight 'Add Bookmark', and press the enter key on the keyboard. I installed Chrome and verified that the machine can access the Internet with a browser.

I tried resetting mythbrowser by unclicking this option in LinHES Programs, and then clicking on it again thinking that it might re-install. However, this had no effect. It would be nice to create web bookmarks within the LinHES interface.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

With kind regards,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 am 
The theme was missing a definition. Fixed in testing:
Code:
sudo pacman -U http://linhes.org/repo/x86_64/core-testing/linhes-theme-8.4-22-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 pm 
brfransen wrote:
The theme was missing a definition. Fixed in testing:
Code:
sudo pacman -U http://linhes.org/repo/x86_64/core-testing/linhes-theme-8.4-22-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Thank you. The above command fixed it.

For other newbies like me, after executing the command above, mythfrontend shut down and did not restart right away. I used the "reboot now" command; however, I am quite certain there is a more elegant way to restart the frontend but did not look it up. The command for starting the frontend may be as simple as sudo mythfrontend; however, a more knowledgeable user should confirm or correct.

With kind regards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:03 am 
When the theme package installs it quits mythfrontend to clear the themecache. It should have restarted mythfrontend automatically though. Alt+m will start mythfrontend or Alt+f will restart the window manager which would then start mythfrontend. More keyboard shortcuts can be found with Alt+h. Unless troubleshooting something running mythfrontend with sudo should not be done.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:02 pm 
brfransen wrote:
When the theme package installs it quits mythfrontend to clear the themecache. It should have restarted mythfrontend automatically though. Alt+m will start mythfrontend or Alt+f will restart the window manager which would then start mythfrontend. More keyboard shortcuts can be found with Alt+h. Unless troubleshooting something running mythfrontend with sudo should not be done.

Great message, thanks. Although I am aware of the keyboard shortcuts menu item in the frontend, I hadn't noticed the the Alt+h, which I will use a lot.

I am really liking LinHES. I am finding a to like about this system. Hopefully, I can get my hardware working and not lose previous database data.

With kind regards,